Fwd: : Skills!

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: : Skills!
From: Tombread@aol.com
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 08:47:32 EDT
Subject: Skills

A mechanic was removing a cylinder head from the engine of a vintage Jag
XK140 when a well known heart surgeon came in to his shop. The surgeon was
there
waiting  for the service manager to come take a look at his car.

The Mechanic shouted across the garage, "Hey Doc, can I ask you a question?"

The Surgeon, a bit surprised, walked over to the mechanic working on the Jag.
 The Mechanic straightened up, wiped his hands on a rag and said  "So, Doc,
look  at this engine. I open its heart, take pistons and rings out, fix'em,
put 'em back in  and  when I finish, it works just like new.  So how come I get
such a small salary  and you get the really big bucks, when
you and I are doing basically the same work?"

The Surgeon paused, smiled and leaned over and whispered to the Mechanic,
"Try doing it with the engine running."

Tom Butters
The Greens Fork Group
Marketing Communication Consultants