Re: Looking for a Bugeye

To: Zeke5550@aol.com, vintage-race@autox.team.net, team-thicko@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Looking for a Bugeye
From: Tom and Sharon Shirley <baddogracing@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 03:09:02 -0800 (PST)
Pictures of my Bugeye can be seen on my website in my signature. It does have
everything required by just about every vintage racing organization to be
eligible, including a fuel cell, fire extinguisher, new safety harness, double
bearing hubs, fresh paint job, and 3 weekends on a fresh engine/transmission.

I've raced it with VDCA in the southeast. I am located near Chattanooga, TN. I
was going to sell it about a year ago and was asking $12K. I had a buyer from
Canada, but I backed out. At the time, I thought I could manage to continue to
race, build my replica Cobra project and still retire in June, 2006. It can't
be done, so something has to give and I guess it's the racing. I'll entertain
reasonable offers for this excellent race car.

Zeke5550@aol.com wrote: The search is underway for a vintage eligible racing
Bugeye. One of my acquaintences wants to join the chosen few who enjoy racing
old cars. He has a very nice '59 street Bugeye that could be used as trade
material but that is not necessary.

If you know of one for sale, please send a note. Thanks

Tom and Sharon Shirley

http://www.geocities.com/baddogracing/