Re: Portable shelters

To: Sam & Greg Scharnberg <samandgreg@netins.net>, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Portable shelters
From: "Paul M." <rowman22001@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 15:41:00 -0800 (PST)
--- Sam & Greg Scharnberg <samandgreg@netins.net>
wrote:
> Several years back, at the Solo II nationals, a BIG
> Kansas storm hit
> Topeka.  Scotty B. White had the canopy on his
> transporter tied to 55 gal.
> water barrels.  Under the sh&% happens rule, one of
> the barrels went into the air and came
> down on top of an enclosed trailer, went through the
> roof, and smashed
> Bruce Cambern's original, owned since new, never
> dented, 427 Cobra.

Whoa!  Wait a MINUTE!  Doesn't a gallon of water weigh
around 8 lbs.?  The wind picked up a 55 gal drum of
water and hurled it onto a Cobra?!!  Was this by any
chance the "perfect storm"?  I mean, if a 55 gal drum
of water doesn't hold an awning down, what am I
supposed to secure it with?  A battleship?  Maybe a
Pulsar?

I'm not a religious man, but that Cobra must have
really sinned or something.  That's the only
explanation I can come up with.  Maybe it coveted its
neighbors wife?

(I feel certain it wasn't "sloth"!)

=====
Paul Misencik