1961 Sebring Alpines... new information

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: 1961 Sebring Alpines... new information
From: Steven Silverstein <milano164@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 17:29:45 -0500
I just found out some interesting information today in regards to the
1961
factory Sunbeam Alpine which raced at Sebring.

I was able to confirm that Bill Buchman, Sarasota, Flordia, bought one
of the three cars right after
the race.   Unfortunately, the trail ends... but if these are anything
like the other Sebring Alpine that have been located it probably
is still in very close proximity of Sarasota...

BTW, I had been tracking another 1961 Sebring Alpine in the Salt Lake
City area.
It had been owned by Ralph Bowyer.   Ralph sold it in the 60's and the
only clue
which we have regarding the car is a friend bought a bunch of spare
racing parts
in boxes with Ralph's name in the early 90's.

As for the Third car,  I believe this was the car owned by Ray Schank in
Monterey Park, California.  Ray sold it in the mid-60's....   and never
heard
from again.

So, check around and if you come across a Right Hand Drive Alpine...
let me know.

Steve Silverstein