Re: Sourse for ballast restor

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Sourse for ballast restor
From: "David R. Mapes" <dmapes@erols.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2004 13:46:54 -0500
Hi Lary,

Well, actually the Chysler C.D. ECU uses the balast resistor too.

At 12:15 PM 12/26/04 -0600, you wrote:
>I have purchased the ceramic resisters from NAPA.  Have used them in
>various English vehicles that hit the system with a full 12 volts for
>starting, then step down to around 7 volts over the points for point
>life.
>
>If you go to a C.D. or modern electronic ignition the ballast resistor
>is then not used.
>
>Larry Dent

All the Best!  Dave  ;^)
'66 Formula S Auto Barracuda, CP "Light"(GoldFish), Gold
'66 Dodge Dart, CP "Light"/Vintage (Zebra), Heh! Guess!
'66 Formula S 4 Speed Barracuda, Vintage Resurection Project, Gold
'66 C code 5 Speed Mustang Coup, CP (Ol'Beastly), Red
'91 Sundance, HS (160,000 miles and counting), Blue
'97 Cherokee, Green
Lame Horse Racing
College Park, MD
http://users.erols.com/dmapes/