Re: PVGPA Historic Races

To: "Mark Palmer" <mgvrmark@hotmail.com>,
Subject: Re: PVGPA Historic Races
From: "Carl McLelland" <carlynneracing@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 10:20:54 -0700
Mark,
Now I'm confused. Would a Monoposto legal formula Ford be able to race the
second weekend at Schenley Park? (Note: you stipulate "all formula cars" for
weekend #1, but say "FJr" for weekend #2). In a way it's a mute point because
(1) I'm on the west coast and (2) I'll be on Lake Powell for a couple weeks in
July. However, if I'm asking the question there must be at least a dozen
others out there thinking it.

With regard to Charles' reluctance to enter let me explain something occurring
'out west'. Steve Earle puts on 'the Big Three' out here: Wine Country
Classic, Monterey Historics and Coronado GP. Even though Monoposto regulates
formula Ford you'll not see a formula Ford at any of Steve's (General Racing)
events. Why? Because he feels formula Ford drivers are "overly aggressive and
take unnecessary chances", and he doesn't like formula Ford.

I understand Charles' reluctance. If Steve were to offer an entry to me to
'the big 3' just because I'm such a "nice guy and bitch'n dude" I would be
forced to turn him down. I won't 'play in any sandboxes' where I feel I'm a
'second class citizen'; whether the feeling is real or imagined.

Someday I hope to participate in a 'street event', but until that day.......
every hope that your event comes off safe and smooth.
    Carl
        Lotus 61 formula Ford