Re: BRIC Incident

To: s800racer@earthlink.net, blueshadow@starband.net,
Subject: Re: BRIC Incident
From: <greenman62@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 14:48:20 +0000
>     The same problem does not exist at every track.  At other tracks, the
>rear of the field can see ahead much better or the flag stand is not far
>from the braking zone for turn 1.  RA is the one place that could have
>created a no-start wreck of this size.

    I've got to chime in here...

    You guys don't race on slot car tables.

    I think it's ludicrous to blame the track... The track didn't hit the
"loud pedal" The track wasn't
    racing by the time it was on the front straight. The track didn't ignore
the red flag when it was
    thrown. There are some tracks where fools can get away with foolish
moves others are less
    forgiving...

    I really think certain vintage racers need a reality check. What do they
want from the vintage
    experience? What are they trying to prove?

    I'm a photographer and writer. I love vintage racing for the sheer
spectacle of racing history
    displayed.  I certainly don't do what I do for the money. I may not a
dog in this hunt... Well,
    mabe I do. You guys  have roll cages helmets and Nomex to separate you
from danger... I have
    a bit of concrete and  my Nikon. I'm not complaining... it's my level of
acceptable risk.

    Greg Petrolati

Greg Petrolati Champaign, Illinois