Re: Firecharger 2.3L AFFF System

To: Walt Boeninger <walt.boeninger@hp.com>,
Subject: Re: Firecharger 2.3L AFFF System
From: Koehler Cliff <CKoehler@amuniversal.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2005 09:00:32 -0500
Walt Boeninger wrote:

Anyone using one of these foam fire systems.  Any opinions out there (what
am I thinking)  ..  on these versus Halon?

----------

I recently installed a Firecharger system in my Formula Mazda.  The
manufacturer, Pack Racing Products, has recently upgraded the unit with a
cover plate over the CO2 propellant cartridge.  They sent a prototype of the
improved system when I volunteered to be a "test installer".  I paid for the
unit.  Don't look them up with expectations of a freebie!

The prototype had a few installation glitches.  The directions were
cumbersome with a few bits of information missing.  Also had to make a
hardware store run.  Pack has supposedly addressed all issues for the
production run units.

What sold me on this system was the ability to recharge it at the track.
The recharge kit costs about $60 and includes a new CO2 cartridge, tank
rupture disk, and AFFF concentrate.  Fortunately, I have not had to pull the
handle to see how well it works!

I have a small racing supply business and was thinking about adding
Firecharger to my offerings.  I would like to hear from anyone who has
installed the newly improved system before deciding to become a dealer.

Cliff Koehler
koehleracing@kcnet.com
71 Datsun 240Z C-production
96 Star Formula Mazda