Alloy Wheels for Alfa Giuliettas

To: "750-101 Alfa Digest" <alfaromeo750-101@egroups.com>,
Subject: Alloy Wheels for Alfa Giuliettas
From: "Norm" <twobees@sprynet.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 20:43:32 -0400
I picked up my new Giulietta Spider at Lime Rock 2 weeks ago.  Had a
wonderful 2 days of playing.  I mean racing.

But, The car has original steel wheels.  Don't know if Fergat or Borrani.  I
don't trust them.  So, I'm looking for alloys.

I really like the SZ type alloy wheel (looks almost identical to the steel
wheel).  But, the 4.5 inch variety are very rare & pricy.  I found one set
now coming on the market for way more than I can afford.

The size generally available is 5.5 x 15.  That would require a tire of
approx. 7.5 inch width.  Can a Giulietta handle that without flares?

What width wheels are you other Alfa racers using?

Norm Sippel
'60 Alfa Spider
'59 Turner