Re: [Vintage-race] Power Loss

To: "Rich & Liz Stadther" <stadther@comcast.net>, <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Vintage-race] Power Loss
From: "Roger Sieling" <Roger.Sieling@telesistech.com>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 08:55:43 -0400
Back in the early 70s, we had a Mk2 Cortina GT for our everyday car.
Around town it ran fine, but on certain trips, it would slow and loose
power, even at times dying completely, only to start back up a few
minutes later and be fine. I was sure it was a fuel delivery problem. It
still had a mechanical fuel pump and I had tried opening the tank cap in
case there were a blocked vent issue. It all became a moot point when
another driver made a left hand turn in front of us and it instantly
became a recycling problem.

So check your fuel pump and vent lines.

That also sounds like an awful lot of ignition advance. I run 30-32 on
aa much higher revving motor. I can't comment on the reversed coil,
since I'd my friends would never let hear the end of it if I hooked one
up backwards.

Roger