[Vintage-race] FIA Spridget and Webber Question

To: vintage list <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Vintage-race] FIA Spridget and Webber Question
From: Franks <franks97@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 20:46:15 -0700
For the last eight years I9ve been racing a 1967 AH Sprite in various racing
groups throughout the west coast (SCCA vintage, CSRG, SOVREN). For many of
those years I have run the Sprite with a Weber 45 DCOE carburetor. As
various organizations have unevenly enforced 3period correct2 requirements
I9ve tried running SU9s and have had limited success. The car runs well most
of the time but over the course of a weekend inevitably starves for fuel
usually during the final race. I know, I9ve been told and tried all the
tricks with the floats, needles, bowels, adjustments etc. and don9t even get
me started on the number of A Series engines with 1-1/22 SUs in place of the
correct 1-1/42, like that is more 3legal2 then a Weber.

As I have attended variously sanctioned vintage events I always come across
cars running Webers that didn9t come with them as an option back in the day.
I am usually told the car was approved that way by the FIA and if I could
produce FIA papers that show a Sprite ran with Webers then I could use one
on my car.

So, after this long rant, my question is: Has anyone come across FIA papers
allowing a Sprite to run a Weber carburetor in competition. I thought the
LeMans cars used them. If you are aware of a source for this documentation I
would like to know how to obtain a copy.

Thanks!

--
David Franks
franks97@verizon.net