Re: [Vintage-race] Racecar Simulators - Any Experience?

To: Norm <twobees@sprynet.com>, <mgvr@yahoogroups.com>, Vintage Racing
Subject: Re: [Vintage-race] Racecar Simulators - Any Experience?
From: <greenman62@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 20:15:12 +0000
Some...

I have the racing simulation games GT Legends and GT2R these are racing sims
that are commercially available.  I've also played Grand Prix Legends which is
pretty good too. These among other games can be used with your home PC with
steering wheel/pedal set up. While these are okay there's something that's
lost without the "seat feel". These sims really come into their own with a
racing simulator cockpit. The really good units take the feedback from the
game and feed it into the seat, and steering wheel so the experience begins to
approach what you would feel in a car. Of course a simulator cockpits are
expensive...expect to pay $1500 and up for the really good ones. Getting a
more expensive feedback wheel, shifter and pedal set up would be a starting
point. It's kind of like racing for real... how fast can you afford?

YMMV

Greg Petrolati Champaign, Illinois