[Vintage-race] Scratch & sniff tires?

To: "VRG, Newsgroup" <vrg_newsgroup@yahoogroups.com>, "MGVR, Egroup"
Subject: [Vintage-race] Scratch & sniff tires?
From: Mark Palmer <mgvrmark@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 17:40:55 +0000
No, we are not making this up ... just read about this in Road & Track:

"KUMHO ECSTA DX Aroma:  No typical new tire smell. Designed for fitments on
high-end luxury sedans, this innovative tire comes in a lavender fragrance
that is activated via heat-resistant oils that are infused in the tread
compound."  R&T says the smell (excuse me, aroma) should last the life of the
tire. It's activated by heat from rolling friction.

Don't believe it?  Go to their web site,
http://www.kumhousa.com/tires/passenger/ultra-high-performance/KU33.do

It's all there, plain as the nose on your face (so to speak).

They conclude by saying "Kumho has no competition in the Aroma field."  Gee, I
wonder why?  But just imagine the future fragrance possibilities once this
takes off.  They are already talking about orange and jasmine.  I'd vote for
peanut butter, or a good burgundy with a just a hint of raspberries in the
nose.

No word yet on whether these will be vintage legal.  "Sorry mate you car
doesn't pass tech, it smells like a french whorehouse."

Mark Palmer