[Vintage-race] Alfa Camber settings

To: "Vintage Race" <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Vintage-race] Alfa Camber settings
From: <note4don@live.com>
Date: Sun, 11 May 2008 08:45:10 -0700
I need some advice on the proper front end settings for my 750 Alfa Spider.

The stock camber setting is 0 with an 1/8" toe-in.

Al Leake converted my old SCCA racer to his specs many years ago. I run 1/16"
toe-in with 1 3/4 negative camber with "some" positive caster.

At the last race in Fernley, I scrubbed off all signs of tread on the inner
half of both front tires. These were new, just off the UPS truck, Hoosier
Speedsters 185/65/15. I am putting the car back up on the rack to figure out
what camber and toe settings I have so I reset them. But to what ? Is 1 3/4
negative too much ?. The car handles great and the Fernley pavement is
obviously way too abrasive.

Thoughts please.

Don Queen