[Vintage-race] FW: HP Draw of Cooling Fans - 1275 'A' engine ?

To: <Vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Vintage-race] FW: HP Draw of Cooling Fans - 1275 'A' engine ?
From: "John P" <jpetrush@sc.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 18:33:49 -0400
I race an old Super Vee.  It never had an alternator to my knowledge.  I
don't much worry about overheating, but the ancient Bosch Motronic ignition
system sure gets surly at 11.99 volts.  All the battery maintenance takes
some of the fun out of the weekend - especially when your neighbor
inadvertently unplugs the power cord.

So, Any recommendations for an alternator for this application?  Would
prefer a small production unit but am open to all options.

John Petrush
Ex Bernard Jourdain Ralt RT-5 Super Vee

Jack Woehrle sagely spoke over the 'net:

">Just get a small alternator and a 2-bladed fan. You will not notice the