Re: [Vintage-race] (no subject)

To: David Littlefield <dmeadow@juno.com>, twobees@sprynet.com
Subject: Re: [Vintage-race] (no subject)
From: charles christ <cfchrist@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 06:08:24 -0400 (GMT-04:00)
my best resolve with my trailer (haulmark) is "simple green" diluted in the
wash bucket and sprayed directly on the serious black streaks (mine's white
exterior) coming from the roof.   i'm considering painting my roof skin to
stop the serious acid rain sreaking from the roof skin washing down the sides?
any thoughts along this line?    my trailer's roof was reskined after haulmark
found a problem with screw heads rubbing through the skin.   so my roof skin
is not as old as my trailer's title would indicate.  but i'd like to not have
my trailer look like a refugee from a 1950's trailer park.  so trying to get
it to a lower state of maint. would please me greatly.   i'm told by a friend
who drives big trucks over the road that waxing after a good washing would
preserve the finish for a greater time.   however haulmark's literature states
that there is (or was when new) a factory coating to preserve the finish on
the outer skin.   what would work on that  treatment if after time still
exists?   any ideas gang?

best to all!
chuck.
1960 saab 93F  #251