[Vintage-race] BeaveRun Historic

To: <VRG_NewsGroup@yahoogroups.com>, <vintage-race@autox.team.net>,
Subject: [Vintage-race] BeaveRun Historic
From: "Ralph Steinberg" <ralph@cloverleaf-auto.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2010 09:21:35 -0400
OK everyone,

 we are down to crunch time. I know the economy sucks, gas prices are high,
if you are like me your utility bills are spiking a month early this season
as we try to bake out all of the water we collected with our record snows
with are record heat, are cars broke and your dog ate your entry form. Heard
it all, done it all and been there too.

 But there is still time for you to enter the VRG/PVGP Historic Races at
BeaveRun. Yeah, Yeah, I know - far away, (from where? if you live in the
DC-Philly corridor it is no further than LimeRock and for many closer -)
Track is short - (same length as LimeRock and for a novice easier to do and
for someone who is good harder and our back straight is faster than anything
you can do there) Big cars do not work here - Hmm, tell that to Sam Viviano
in his Camaro Z28 as he thunders down the track and gives the IMSA Porsche
one hell of a run for its money with the crowd going nuts) Or tell Bob
Girvin in his big old Allard - they seem to have a real good time - Groups
are strange - well you got me there, but I prefer to call them interesting.
And you know what, most of us have found that interesting works real fine. I
had a blast racing against a Pinto in my Jag - and according to the Pinto
owner and his crew so did he. My under two liter section of the Trans-Am
group just loves making it difficult for the over two guys and everyone
shares a drink at the end of the day. It is fun watching FV (sorry guys you
look like giant water beetles) set their sights on a sprite and track them
down. Our FF group has actually started talking to the two SuperVees that
have invaded their track and even though I am not sure anyone would admit it
I think they got a kick out of it that by the end of the weekend a super Vee
took first not a Formula B.

 And let's talk economy - this is the most cost effective race left on the
vintage calendar - anywhere - tons of track time, you choose what you do or
do not want to include with your entry, your check is made out to a
charitable organization and it is between you, your accountant and God how
much of that you write off. We have all sorts of racing going on, special
races and challenges for some groups, there is Solo event going on (click
here if you have a friend who would like to do that
http://www.pvgp.org/674610688311073/site/default.asp )We even will have the
Kart track open all weekend so your daughter or son can show you who really
can drive!

                AND BOTTOM LINE IS YOU WILL BE HELPING PEOPLE WHO REALLY
NEED YOUR HELP, EVEN MORE IN THESE TOUGH ECONOMIC TIMES.

So, great racing, great food and party, fun groups, SAFE groups, best price
around (you noticed I said left on the vintage calendar the VRG NHIS is one
hell of a deal for the money) You get to help others while you are having
more fun than you should and who knows, you may get to snap your head around
as one of our Pinto drivers did last year when he passed an Aston Martin
Nimrod! (Shh we won't tell anyone the car was waiting for the safety vehicle
for a tow!)

 We are still accepting entries in all groups you can get information, forms
etc at many places www.vrgonline.org, www.cloverleaf-auto.com and they are
also on the PVGP website. I expect to see everyone from Richmond to Boston
and from Chicago to Nashville on the road to this event, either to race in
it or to watch it and for the rest of the country I appreciate all that come
- and we do get them from all four corners of USA and Canada!

 Thanks and see you there

 Ralph Steinberg

Director of Competition PVGP BeaveRun
Vintage-race@autox.team.net