vtr

Re: TR6 Bonnet Cable

To: MediaTexas@aol.com, vtr@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 Bonnet Cable
From: rorr@eagle.wbm.ca (Rodney Orr)
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 1995 16:08:45 -0600
At 22:51 09-12-95 -0500, MediaTexas@aol.com wrote:
>We (South Texas Triumph Assn) are thinking about a newsletter article on
>various solutions when one's TR6 bonnet release cable suddenly gives up the
>ghost.
>
>Looked through old VTRs, English Channels, 6-Packs and more, but can't find
>any information.
>
>Can anyone help?

The Summer '94 issue (vol. XII, issue 3) of the 6-Pack newsletter had a
re-print of the original Triumph TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) on the TR6
hood release, dated May 1975.

Briefly, it says to maneuver a long screw driver through the rubber grommet
behind the glove box where the heater control and choke cable passes through
the bulkhead.  The underside of the hood lock release can be operated.  "The
average time for this operation is 20 minutes."  (Their remark, not mine.)

The same issue of 6-Pack also has a club member's letter with other
sugggestions.

Len Renkneberger's "6-Tech" (he is the former 6-Pack technical guru) also
has advice for those using TRF's replacement cables.

FYI, the Winter '95 issue of Moss Motoring offers a "TR4-6 Emergency Hood
Opening Kit".  No its not a cutting torch, but a backup cable kit.

I've just run a length of wire from the lock to the nearest corner and
looped it around the hood locating pin.  I can snag it from there with
another short piece of stiff wire, pull it out and release the hood.  Not
elegant but cheap.

Rod.    '70 TR6   CC55899L

- - - - -
Rodney Orr