vtr

Re: GT-6+ Owner

To: RACE944T@aol.com
Subject: Re: GT-6+ Owner
From: Ken Streeter <streeter@sanders.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Jul 1996 11:41:40 -0400
Cc: streeter@sanders.com, vtr@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-vtr
RACE944T@aol.com wrote:

> Just a note to tell you I am the owner of a GT-6+ (1970) s/n KC76403L.
> Bought it new as my first car on January 13, 1971.  Still have it although I
> wish I could say it is in good shape.  Has 91k original miles has not been
> started, except for today, since 1982.  Got the itch, rebuilt the carbs did a
> few other  preventive items and she fired right up!

Congrats!  It's always great to hear when a long off-road Triumph is fired up
once again!

> I used to own a shop
> called British Auto Restoration years ago.  Got wise and went into banking.
> Have restored multiple AH 3000s, sprites, etc.  Raced a VW GTI in SCCA for 2
> years.  Was SE DIV nat champ.  Spent too much money and got out.  Traded it
> for a 944 Turbo.  Now teach high speed driver ed for several groups.

Gee, it sounds like you've had quite history with little british cars
(LBCs) and racing as well.

> Now that I have given you a little history about me, is there room for me in
> VTR?  What are you all about?

There's definitely room for you in VTR.  VTR has a range of members from those
who actively race there Triumphs every weekend in the summer, those who autox
occasionally, those who drive their Triumph every day on regular streets, and
those who only use them for Sunday drives to car shows.  VTR strives to be a
club for those who *drive* their Triumphs, even requiring participation in
moving events for all cars entered in the show at the national convention.

There is more info about VTR at "http://www.vtr.org";.  I can also send you a
membership brochure if you send me your postal address.

> By the way - what is the Purolator part number for the original oil filter.
> I bought an L10222 but it is too big.

Offhand, I don't know the number for this.  I've forwarded your message to the
VTR mailing list, however, so maybe somebody there with more familiarity with
GT6s will be able to respond...

--ken
'74 TR6 Daily Driver

Kenneth B. Streeter         | EMAIL: streeter@sanders.com
Sanders, PTP2-A001          |
PO Box 868                  | Voice: (603) 885-9604
Nashua, NH 03061            | Fax:   (603) 885-0631