vtr

Re: Spitfire Seats

To: Ben Bradshaw <BAB@tyler.net>
Subject: Re: Spitfire Seats
From: Zink <Tiger245@concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 1997 00:51:12 -0600
Sender: owner-vtr@Autox.Team.Net
Ben Bradshaw wrote:

  Here's question for anyone who's ever replaced or re-upholstered
  their
  Spitfire seats:

  I own a 1980 Spitfire 1500, and the seats are shot.  I can't decide
  whether
  to spend the money and effort to re-do the original seats, or buy
  some
  racing seats, or used Recaros or maybe find some good supportive
  seats from
  some other car that might fit with some minor modifications.

  The car is already modified, so originality is not necessarily an
  issue.
  Support, comfort, and cost are important factors.

  Anyone have any advice? or seats, maybe?

  Ben Bradshaw
  Henderson, TX
  bab@tyler.net

 Ben,
Since you are in need of seats,  The question is do you want
comfort,support,attractive, or cheap?  A good cost effective solution is
to find a reputable upholstery shop near you  and get a quote on
rebuilding your seats.  If you feel flamboyant and cost is no factor go
with th e Recaros.  If you want cheap and uncomfortable go with the $65
racing seats from your local speed shop.
IMHO get your seats rebuilt and recovered, you don't have to worry about
if they will fit. making mounting mods or comfort.  You should be able
to get your seats redone for about $350-400 locally , but make sure that
they are using a marine grade viynal.

Larry Zink
1964 Spitfire4(seats just redone)