vtr

Clutch Bleeding

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Clutch Bleeding
From: Carol Zingone <JRHoffman@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 1997 09:35:40 -0400
Cc: vtr@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-vtr@Autox.Team.Net
Listers,

Re-build clutch master and slave this weekend, lubed with clean fluid
and re-installed the pistons.  Then reconnected parts to Sybill.
Foolishly attempted bleeding of system *before* building up pressure in
system to ensure bleeding would work (too much beer night before!).

After pumping the clutch pedal 300+ times, (with bleed screw closed),
I'm wondering: 1) How long should it take to build up the pressure in
the system when it was completely dry ? 2) Do I need to *manually* start
the slave cylinder piston to begin a vacuum process that will draw the
fluid from the master ?

Thanks (yet again!) in advance --

Carol Zingone
74 TR6 -- Sybill

BTW:  Sybill sounded a bit ragged when I turned her over, oil pressure
however, went right up to 75 which was a nice sight ! :-)
Discovered a lower carb leak, pretty steady from the front carb, so a
carb rebuild may be in the near future, not a nice sight :-(