vtr

Fw: New list member

To: "VTR list" <vtr@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Fw: New list member
From: "Joe Laurito" <trglory@email.msn.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 1998 20:37:23 -0400
Sender: owner-vtr@Autox.Team.Net
Hi Jim;

Welcome to the list. It's been so long since I got a message from this list
that I forgot I was a member. Most of the guys on this list are so busy
arranging club events, wrenching cars, writing newsletters, etc., that they
barely have enough time to lurk. Posting is pretty much out of the question
until someone gets them cranked.

The purpose of the list is to get to know each other, talk with other
members about the goings-on of the local clubs and to share experiences
about attendance at major shows.

With that in mind, I'm a retread from the Central Pennsylvania Triumph Club
(former president, former secretary, former newsletter editor, current
treasurer) and have a 58 TR3 (driven for 20 years, currently in a million
pieces part way through a restoration), a 75 TR6 (also a former daily
driver, currently waiting for a front end rebuild), an 81 TR7FI (really nice
car once I got the FI sorted out) and most recently, a 80 TR8 (27K miles,
nothing wrong with it, didn't need another TR but couldn't pass it up). I
have enough money in the "secret kutch" now to either do about 20% more on
the TR3 resto or build another garage. What to do........what to do?

I had the unique opportunity this year to do two car shows in two weeks
thanks to a business trip, one in PA the other in CA. While the show at
Carlisle was vastly larger than the show in Dixon, I was intrigued by the
diversity of models in CA. I saw some early Jags, Daimlers and Jensens there
(in perfect condition) that I never saw before. Our cars in PA usually rot
before they get interesting.

Tell us a little about Jim Mills and if you have the chance to share a new
experience with us, please feel free to turn up the volume.

Joe Laurito
CPTC
Harrisburg PA