vtr

rearend noise

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <>, "vtr@autox.team.net" <>
Subject: rearend noise
From: John Henry <lastsix@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 1999 22:17:44 -0600
Sender: owner-vtr@autox.team.net
I really appreciate all the info I got concerning my hunt for the
elusive rear end knock. Things I have checked to date:

Differential mounts
u-joints
exhaust system
shocks
I also emptied my trunk completely because it sounds like something
rattling in the trunk . . . no luck . . . it couldn't have been that
easy.

Things on the to check list:

Trailing arms
Shock links

Other than those items, I don't think there is a whole lot left. My six
is an everyday driver so the only time I have to look at things to any
great extent is on the weekends. Which means breakdown and have it up
and running again by Monday morning. To date I've clocked over 100,000
miles on her and have totally rebuilt everything . . . except one
trailing arm. Which may be my problem. If that doesn't solve it . . .  I
guess it's time for a frame off restoration . . . I'll let you know what
I find, so you'll know what to look for in case the ghost ever comes to
haunt you . . .

Thanks again . . .

John Henry
College Station, Texas