vtr

Re: From The Times of London

To: ARoman4047@aol.com
Subject: Re: From The Times of London
From: Fred Thomas <vafred@erols.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 1999 15:32:30 -0400
Cc: twakeman@cruzers.com, Trmgafun@aol.com, British-Cars@autox.team.net, Alpines@autox.team.net, 6packlist@mfasco.com, Rolls-Bently@autox.team.net, British-Cars-Pre-War@autox.team.net, mgs@autox.team.net, aurora@auroratechedi.com, Mini-list@autox.team.net, Morgans@autox.team.net, Morris@autox.team.net, Newsletters@autox.team.net, Riley@autox.team.net, Spitfires@autox.team.net, Tigers@autox.team.net, Triumphs@autox.team.net, TVR@autox.team.net, VTR@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-vtr@autox.team.net
This same program dates back to the 1920's in this country, started by Henry
F. so as to sell more cars, was reintroduced in this country in Calf. by the
oil comp. & the far east auto. industry. The oil comp. received so called
clean air credits for every old car they took off the road, then they could
continue too pollute the air with their refineries with these clean air
credits. I think the buying price was around 800.00 for these so called
polluters, anyway this is nothing new for the auto industry, its been going on
for over 75 years.