vtr

RE: heat shield

To: "'D & A Jesudowich'" <dannij@localnet.com>, Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>, Vintage Triumph Register List <vtr@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: heat shield
From: Jim Hill <Jim_Hill@chsra.wisc.edu>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 1999 11:46:40 -0500
Sender: owner-vtr@autox.team.net
Alex wrote:

> Does anyone have any ideas/experience with heat shielding a triple Weber
> set-up on a TR250? The center carb becomes too hot to touch after
> running a bit..I'm sure that this is not an optimum situation. Does
> anyone sell a shield?

I've no information to offer - but I'm most definitely interested in buying
or building one, for exactly the reason you mention, plus I'd like to be
able to direct gasoline away from the header if a leak develops. Hope you'll
post any information you receive to the list.

> I've heard if an insulation wrap for the
> headers..anyone know where to get some?

Any of the major racing suppliers carry it (Pegasus, for example). But if
you've ever seen how a header deteriorates under insulation wrap, I suspect
that you won't want to use it.

Jim Hill
Madison WI