vtr

Re: Ownership tracing

To: jonmac@ndirect.co.uk, iron_horse819@yahoo.com, vtr@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Ownership tracing
From: TriStagReg@aol.com
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 1999 12:07:40 EDT
Sender: owner-vtr@autox.team.net
Hello John,
    Your Tracking info holds true for the UK, but most of the first
destinations in the USA may have been dealers, or importers that forwarded
the cars to dealers, or were Despatched to the main offices for British
Leyland in the USA (as from your book).  Most of those dealers and main
offices are long gone out of business.  For example, my Stag came into
British Leyland Motor, Inc. in Jacksonville, Florida, despatched June 5 1973
according to the BMIHT certificate.  It was first titled in Colorado, but
Jacksonville was the distribution point for Triumphs coming west.  So from
Florida, loaded onto lorries and trucked across the USA to the various
dealerships.  Some sat for more than a year before being sold, or were
shipped again to another B/L dealership in another state for sale.
    It seems the best tracking for the US is to back track from current to
previous owners, which many have found leads to a dead end (ouch).  ;-(

Regards,
Glenn  Merrell
Triumph Stag Register USA VP
mailto:TriStagReg@aol.com
 <A HREF="http://members.aol.com/tristagreg/";>Triumph Stag Register Web
Page</A>
*J*O*I*N**Y*O*U*R**L*O*C*A*L**T*R*I*U*M*P*H**C*L*U*B**T*O*D*A*Y*
*Member of:
*VTR, RMTC, TSR, TSC USA, SOC
**