vtr

Re: Compiled list of Triumph bidders?

To: Dwbradbury@ra.rockwell.com, triumphs@autox.team.net, vtr@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Compiled list of Triumph bidders?
From: "TR6 Guy" <tr6scotty@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 13:39:39 -0800
Sender: owner-vtr@autox.team.net
This is DavidBombardier@aol.com writing from another account. Please read
all the way to the bottom, below the "* * *".

In a message dated 1/24/01 12:43:38 PM, Dwbradbury@ra.rockwell.com writes:

>Sorry, but isn't this an invasion of privacy?

No, auctions are public and bidders' identities are public. Also, as I
replied to MJB in private email:

>Why?  Would you like to send them all some unsolicited email trying
>to sell your stuff?
>
>mjb.

Yes. If they have actually bid on Triumphs in auctions, then the information
would be extremely relevant to them. In fact, it would likely be more
relevant to them than to the average member of your lists, since they are
active Triumph bidders.

Not all unsolicited email is a bad thing, per se. Depends on to whom and for
what.

David

* * *

The above was my reply, which did not get to the lists because MJB banned me
without notice.

Notice how rational and polite I am. Contrast that with MJB's action. He
expects me to be attacked on the list without being able to respond? We all
know which type of countries emply THAT system of justice.

And talk about spam, look at all of you replying to this issue. You think
ONE email that is RELEVANT is bad, yet MULTIPLE emails that are attacks are
fine?

The list rules explicitly state that messages concerning cars for sale are
allowed. Yet I am banned for wanting to write to people who ACTUALLY do BID
on Triumphs, which is a more targeted group than these lists as a whole.

It's such a crime when greater minds are persecuted by lesser minds.

In any case, there is a STUNNING early Spitfire being auctioned here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=547524134