vtr

Re: Converting + grnd to - grnd

To: jason haelewyn <jehman@hotmail.com>, vtr@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Converting + grnd to - grnd
From: "R. John Lye" <rjl6n@server1.mail.virginia.edu>
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2001 17:32:51 -0400
Sender: owner-vtr@autox.team.net
Hi Jason,
      I've not seen a response to your question, so if this is redundant,
I'm sorry.

At 09:19 PM 7/31/01 +0000, jason haelewyn wrote:
>Hello All,
>I am new to this group so please correct me as I learn this forum.  I have a
>1967 Spitfire Mk2.  I read the article "Converting Positive Ground to
>Negative Ground" that is posted at
>wysiwyg://3/http://www.vtr.org/maintain/negative-ground.html.  Can anyone
>tell me if step 6 actually connects the battery before doing step 7
>(repolarizing the generator)?

Yes, the battery needs to be connected to repolarize the generator.  You
should get a small spark if this is done properly.

>Also if you have any suggestions for doing  this on the spit Mk2 please
>let me
>know.

As far as I know, there's nothing special about a Spit Mk 2 in this regard.
Follow the directions as written and you should be fine.

Cheers,

R. John Lye
rjl@gt-classics.com

http://www.gt-classics.com