wpta

Re: [WPTA] Blast from the past

To: Jerry Van Vlack <jerryvv@roadrunner.com>, Jerry Van Vlack via Wpta <wpta@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [WPTA] Blast from the past
From: JIM UNDERWOOD via Wpta <wpta@autox.team.net>
Date: Sat, 23 May 2020 18:30:22 -0400 (EDT)

------=_Part_33002_1525678813.1590273022514

I'm thinking probably so Jerry.  Best it went was a 13.50 something over 10=
0.  That's on street tires which was always a challenge to launch.  You can=
 hear it bog on this run.  It was usually that or blow the tires off.  I do=
ubt the drive train would hold up with slicks.  Thank you for the kind comp=
liments too.  The FTD was for an MG the year it was the featured Marque. I =
started building go-carts out of old lawn mowers as a kid.  My Parents took=
 me to see the movie Grand Prix downtown Pittsburgh on Cinamascope when I w=
as a teen but not quite old enough to drive yet.  Then they wondered why I =
was always getting speeding tickets and my car was always broke. LOL

Wray, I did turn it red that run but that doesn't affect the time since the=
 timer starts when the tire leaves the beam even if it's early.  And for wh=
omever asked, yes Keystone Raceway Park.  Charles would rent the track for =
an afternoon during the Summer Party.   I believe the AutoX was at the coll=
ege parking lot the year of this video.  Great times with good friends and =
memories to last a lifetime.

> On May 23, 2020 at 3:06 PM Jerry Van Vlack <jerryvv@roadrunner.com> wrote=
:
>=20
>     Jim
>     Was this the year you joined the 100 mph club?
>     JVV
>     =20
>     PS for those who don=E2=80=99t know Jim is a very serious drag racer,=
 held FTD at TRF Summer Party Autocrosses and an all around racer=E2=80=99s=
 racer.
>     =20

<!doctype html>
 <head>=20
 </head>
 color: rgb(51, 51, 51);">
   I'm thinking probably so Jerry.&nbsp; Best it went was a 13.50 something=
 over 100.&nbsp; That's on street tires which was always a challenge to lau=
nch.&nbsp; You can hear it bog on this run.&nbsp; It was usually that or bl=
ow the tires off.&nbsp; I doubt the drive train would hold up with slicks.&=
nbsp; Thank you for the kind compliments too.&nbsp; The FTD was for an MG t=
he year it was the featured Marque. I started building go-carts out of old =
lawn mowers as a kid.&nbsp; My Parents took me to see the movie Grand Prix =
downtown Pittsburgh on Cinamascope when I was a teen but not quite old enou=
gh to drive yet.&nbsp; Then they wondered why I was always getting speeding=
 tickets and my car was always broke. LOL
 color: rgb(51, 51, 51);">
 color: rgb(51, 51, 51);">
   Wray, I did turn it red that run but that doesn't affect the time since =
the timer starts when the tire leaves the beam even if it's early.&nbsp; An=
d for whomever asked, yes Keystone Raceway Park.&nbsp; Charles would rent t=
he track for an afternoon during the Summer Party.&nbsp; &nbsp;I believe th=
e AutoX was at the college parking lot the year of this video.&nbsp; Great =
times with good friends and memories to last a lifetime.
   On May 23, 2020 at 3:06 PM Jerry Van Vlack &lt;jerryvv@roadrunner.com&gt=
; wrote:=20

      Jim
      Was this the year you joined the 100 mph club?
      JVV
      &nbsp;
      PS for those who don=E2=80=99t know Jim is a very serious drag racer,=
 held FTD at TRF Summer Party Autocrosses and an all around racer=E2=80=99s=
 racer.
alibri'; font-weight: normal; color: #000000; font-style: normal; display: =
inline;">
        &nbsp;
         <strong>From:</strong>=20
         <a>JIM UNDERWOOD</a>
         <strong>Sent:</strong> Saturday, May 23, 2020 11:43 AM
         <strong>To:</strong>=20
         <a>Jerry Van Vlack</a> ;=20
         <a>Jerry Van Vlack via Wpta</a>
         <strong>Subject:</strong> Blast from the past
       &nbsp;
alibri'; font-weight: normal; color: #000000; font-style: normal; display: =
inline;">
rif; color: #333333;">
       Stumbled across this from a Summer Party Drags years ago.
rif; color: #333333;">
       &nbsp;
rif; color: #333333;">
w.youtube.com/watch?v=3DXGcW3DRZHE0</a>
f; color: #333333;" class=3D"ox-f5b03926f1-default-style">
       &nbsp;
olor: #333333;" class=3D"default-style">
------=_Part_33002_1525678813.1590273022514--

--===============3101012378837291069==

wpta@autox.team.net

http://www.wptriumph.org