zmagnette

Re: [Zmagnette] OT: MGB front suspension <zmagnette@autox.team.net> <zma

To: zmagnette@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Zmagnette] OT: MGB front suspension <zmagnette@autox.team.net> <zmagnette.autox.team.net>
From: Fletcher Millmore <gofanu@cust.usachoice.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2013 16:38:37 -0400
--===============0971189133==
 boundary="------------030103010409090509020904"

--------------030103010409090509020904

Yep, arms are upside down, ie on the wrong side. Spring pans sit
parallel to but lower than the top of the arms.

FRM
On 10/23/2013 3:58 PM, Allen Bachelder wrote:
> ' Sorry to bother the list with this one, but when one needs advice, one goes
> to where the knowledge is.  I'm building up the front suspension on my '65 B
> and the pix tell the story - same situation on both sides.  Rear A-arms are
> not handed, nor are the spring pans, but front A-arms are.  Regrettably the
> Moss stickers are under the pan flanges, but I am quite sure I was very
> careful to get RF and LF in the right places.  But surely, the situation
> shown in the pix cannot be right.  I must have reversed positions on the
> front A-arms, right?  Or Moss mislabeled them?  No big deal to fix now, but I
> want to catch it before things get messy!
>
> Thanks for allowing the intrusion.  You may now resume Magnette banter.
>
> Oh - but here's a reminder for those of you interested in A/C in your
> Magnettes.  I'm negotiating with a fellow right now regarding design/build of
> a serpentine belt set-up - which I believe would be the ultimate solution.
> I'm trying to determine approximate price and details as I write.  If you're
> sort-of interested, please let me know.  Preferably off-list:
> waywardmgs@comcast.net.  Kelvin, you may have parts for the solution at hand
> also, in which case, "we need to talk..."
>
> Cheers!
> Allen
> Allen & Florrie Bachelder
> North Street, MI
> bachldrs@comcast.net

--------------030103010409090509020904

  <head>
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
    Yep, arms are upside down, ie on the wrong side. Spring pans sit
    parallel to but lower than the top of the arms.<br>
    FRM<br>
      wrote:<br>
      cite="mid:F42707B4-B775-449A-8CDA-0848ED2EBFC2@comcast.net"
      type="cite">
      <pre wrap="">' Sorry to bother the list with this one, but when one needs
[...]

sort-of interested, please let me know.  Preferably off-list: <a
class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:waywardmgs@comcast.net";>waywardmgs@comcast.net</a>.  Kelvin, you
may have parts for the solution at hand also, in which case, "we need to
talk..."

Cheers!
Allen
Allen &amp; Florrie Bachelder
North Street, MI
<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:bachldrs@comcast.net";>bachldrs@comcast.net</a>

</pre>
      <pre wrap="">

</pre>
Zmagnette mailing list

href="http://www.team.net/archive";>http://www.team.net/archive</a>
Forums: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://www.team.net/forums";>http://www.team.net/forums</a>

</pre>