zmagnette

[Zmagnette] Engine Clatter & pressure drop <zmagnette@autox.team.net> <z

To: List for the Z Magnette Group - North America <zmagnette@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Zmagnette] Engine Clatter & pressure drop <zmagnette@autox.team.net> <zmagnette.autox.team.net>
From: Richard Greenberg <greenberg@lpl.arizona.edu>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 16:40:42 -0700
Hi all,
      This is about my TD, but I bet you folks can help.
      I decided to drive the TD, instead of my Magnette, to our British car
club's annual BBQ.  About 25 miles out, running at about 50 mph uphill but not
too hot, the engine started clattering and the oil pressure suddenly dropped to
about 5 psi.  I had the poor car carried home.
      Any ideas about what happened? Rod bearing wiped out? Broken rocker arm?
      If it is one of those things, should I just make the repair, or is it
time to have the whole engine rejuvenated?
Thanks,
Rick