Subject: [6pack] Parts, etc. at Mitty Vintage Race

From: Ted Schumacher <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2012 12:03:10 -0400

Good morning List. Some items of interest. Mike Cook, author of several 
TR books, longtime Triumph, British Leyland and Jaguar PR person and all 
around very knowledgeable good guy will be joining us. Mike will be 
wandering around shooting pictures, renewing old acquaintances and 
meeting new friends.  Mike is a very valuable resource to the Triumph 
community.  He was there when it started, including the US Competition 
Department.  Mike will be available at our booth several times during 
the week-end. Stop by and see Mike. Find out what it was really like "in 
the day" from one who was there from the start.  Bring your questions.

Also joining us, all the way from the UK, are John & Susanne Clancy.  
John is a videographer who has produced several Triumph DVD's. These 
will be available at our booth. The series of Triumph DVDs came about as 
a result of John Clancy's long term project to make a documentary of the 
history of the TR7 and TR8 series of cars.  When initially released in 
2007 it proved to be so popular the initial batch of pressed discs sold 
out within six months.  As a result further Triumph productions were 
undertaken -- first of all the Triumph Stag, then the Spitfire and GT6, 
the traditional TRs, the pre-war cars and others.  Currently a complete 
Triumph history is being compiled focusing on the saloon (sedan) models 
issued by the company plus 'California Air' featuring Kas Kastner and 
the US competitions department - this release is why John and his wife 
Susanne will be attending the Mitty at the end of the month to film some 
of the cars to help illustrate the story of why Triumph was so 
successful in America.
John has interviewed many former Standard-Triumph engineering and 
styling personnel and you will find many of these appear within each of 
the DVDs.  No one else currently making classic car documentaries goes 
into so much detail which makes these Triumph collectibles fairly unique 
and as time goes on we expect them to become quite historic in their own 
right.
Further details and previews of each title can be seen at 
www.triumphdvd.co.uk

We will be at the Mitty with our vendor trailer with both parts and 
regalia. We will have our gear reductions starters, steel braid brake 
hoses, suspension parts, rebuilt calipers,  etc.  If anyone needs "heavy 
items" - heads, gearboxes, engines, etc, we can bring these along - free 
freight is good!  Please let me know any requests as soon as possible so 
we can be sure to get it loaded. Our vendor trailer - white, flip open 
sides, along with an EZ-Up tent will be up on the hill in vendor area.

FOT and Kastner Cup shirts can be picked up at the trailer. Please try 
and pick up your shirts by Saturday afternoon.  Not sure what time we 
will be packing on Sunday to leave.  At the event you can reach me on my 
mobile - 419/230-9008. Mobile does not work in our building so please 
use any of the numbers listed on the signature line of this email for 
orders.

Thanks for your time and support. Ted

-- 
Ted Schumacher
[email-masked]
http://www.tsimportedautomotive.com
108 S. Jefferson St.
Pandora, Ohio, USA 45877
Fax: 419.384.3272 (24 Hrs.)
Phone: 800.543.6648 (US&  Canada)
Tech/ Gen. Information/ Worldwide: 419.384.3022

________________________________________

[email-masked]

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/6pack/[email-masked]