Subject: Re: [6pack] [TR] Paper Air Filters

From: Bud Rolofson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 13:44:08 -0600

I put a pair of Joe Alexander's velocity stacks on my TR6 recently  
along with his very nice covers which filter out the big chunks of  
debris.

Wanting a little more protection and filtering I went looking for  
something to put over the stack covers when I'm not rodding it.  What  
I found was that the cloth drain covers for my hot tub fit nicely with  
enough resistance to not come off when at highway speed.

Don't know how much filtering goes on but it's at least more than  
before and I can just shake them out when I need to and not mess with  
a lot of maintenance.  My oil may get a little dirtier but the engine  
sure hums with the velocity stacks.  I may test a few different types  
of material (sponge, etc.) to put between the stack covers and the  
drain cover just to see what  gets caught. Still looking for that fine  
line between flow and filtering. I like power but not replacing rings.

For those with Joe's velocity stacks or just interested:   Part Name/ 
Number:   Sundance Spas Drain Cover 6540-213.  They are approx. 4 3/4  
inches diameter and stretch just a wee bit.

Bud Rolofson

71TR6 CC57365 (Good 6)
66TR4A CTC57806 (The Wreck-Almost parts)
66TR4A CTC57529 (The Project)
71F-250 Camper Special (Triumph Support Vehicle)
Z-50A Hardly Davidson 1977 Honda Mini-Trail Bike (Triumph Pit Bike)
[email-masked]

On May 17, 2012, at 10:48 PM, Randall wrote:

>> Can't remember the brand I bought, but they were
>> round with a flat shiny metal (not chrome) front and back
>> plate.  Thing is, they didn't fit well, bumped into the fuel lines.
>
> I think the round ones are NLA.  But the oval ones from a TR4A fit  
> about as
> well and are readily available from the usual suspects.  TRF has a 4- 
> pack of
> them under the P/N LUF8277/4 for $34
>
> -- Randall  
>
> ** [email-masked] **
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

________________________________________

[email-masked]

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/6pack/[email-masked]