Subject: Re: [6pack] Amco Console ([email-masked])

From: "Dave Waldorf" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2012 23:03:11 -0500

Ken,

The one piece console was made for the TR4 & TR4A.  The TR6 AMCO console was
a 2 piece affair with a Kienzle clock instead of a lighter and ash tray.
The TR6 & TR250 already had an ash tray (& a lighter was an easy install
in-dash--both of mine have one), which would be redundant if one was in the
console as well.  Instead you got an electric clock that exactly matched the
dash gauges motif.

According to my accessories brochure it was possible to buy just the
rear/armrest section, or the whole thing.  If the whole unit was installed
it looked nearly identical to the TR4 one-piece unit, except for the clock &
it's mounting boss (of course) and the lack of contrasting piping on the
armrest.

I have one of the originals that came in a 1972 parts car.  They're VERY
flimsy, and were very expensive (IMHO) for what you got.

--Dave Waldorf

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of [email-masked]

------------------------------

Message: 3
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2012 10:31:36 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [6pack] Amco Console

Dave,
Thanks for your reply these are repro with some slight modifications. I
have seen these and they are exceptional. I a looking for the other
variation
made of to 72 but that fit the 250/4/6/ It was a one piece design with a
lighter  and ash try. It was also made by Amco. any suggestions on finding
photo of  it.

In a message dated 11/6/2012 10:09:24 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
[email-masked] writes:

Ken;

Check out _http://triumphconsoles.com/index.html_
(http://triumphconsoles.com/index.html)

Dave
'74  Six w/OD and TBI

________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/6pack/[email-masked]

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 5:26:38 +0000

Dave, I don't know much about the Amco consoles, but the 4As all had ashtrays too, in the middle of the wood dash instead of on top as on the 6 cylinder cars.  It was made of Bakelite and had a tendency to fall out and eventually get lost, leaving an unsightly hole in the dash.  Years ago you couldn't get a reproduction and had to scrounge to find a used one.  Not sure if you can get them new now.

Greg Lemon

---- Dave Waldorf <[email-masked]> wrote: 
> Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
> 
> Dave,
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/6pack/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 5:58:11 +0000

Greg Lemon

[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 09:16:57 -0500 (EST)

Dave,
Thanks for the great info. I believe that the one piece was made  as and an 
option until 1972 and so sold continually until the 2  piece unit was 
produced  which would make it also correct for the Tr6.  Atleast that is what I 
uncovered in some of my research. The TR4 also had an  ashtray on the dash so 
the additional tray would be correct.. I  have found  a one piece unit and  
it appears to be original. It has not been altered,  but the armrest is 
covered to match the seat design pattern as with the  TR  4 with piping. I am 
thinking that you could order one of two versions to match  your model since 
all other dimensions are identical.
 
Ken

In a message dated 11/6/2012 11:21:02 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,  
[email-masked] writes:

Ken,

The one piece console was made for the TR4 &  TR4A.  The TR6 AMCO console 
was
a 2 piece affair with a Kienzle clock  instead of a lighter and ash tray.
The TR6 & TR250 already had an ash  tray (& a lighter was an easy install
in-dash--both of mine have one),  which would be redundant if one was in the
console as well.  Instead  you got an electric clock that exactly matched 
the
dash gauges  motif.

According to my accessories brochure it was possible to buy just  the
rear/armrest section, or the whole thing.  If the whole unit was  installed
it looked nearly identical to the TR4 one-piece unit, except for  the clock 
&
it's mounting boss (of course) and the lack of contrasting  piping on the
armrest.

--Dave Waldorf

-----Original  Message-----

Message:  3

Dave,

Ken;

Dave
'74   Six w/OD and  TBI

[email-masked]

Archive:  http://www.team.net/archive
Forums:  http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe:  http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/6pack/[email-masked]

[email-masked]