Subject: [6pack] Center Console

From: Douglas Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2012 21:50:31 -0500

I've had the JCWhitney center console (arm rest with stowage compartment) for
about three years.
The arm rest makes driving quite comfortable.
Yes, the plastic hinges broke, so I replaced 'em with a piano hinge.
Yes, the lid slides back and forth (since there's no alignment ridge), so I
added a couple of aluminum slats under the lid which keep it from shifting.
Yes, the vinyl arm rest gets all slippery sweaty from my forearm in the heat,
so I re-covered it with a suede material.
Yes, the screws which attach the plastic box to the metal mounting frame
pulled through.
Yes, it's a POS; but I haven't given up on it.
I plan to replace the plastic box with a plywood box, make a good lid with a
lock (for handgun storage when I pop into the post office and stuff), and add
a lidded trash compartment behind (wind blows empty cigar wrappers out of my
open trash can behind the pax seat).
Sooo, other than that 

Doug Morris, NC

________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/6pack/[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2012 04:05:21 +0000

Man you guys are tough on consoles, mine is still like new after 3 years.   

------Original Message------
From: Douglas Morris
To: TR-6 list
Subject: [6pack] Center Console
Sent: Nov 9, 2012 8:50 PM

Doug Morris, NC

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/6pack/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 16:39:17 +0000 (UTC)

I put a couple of strips of velcro under the lid to keep it from slipping
side-to-side and breaking the hinges.B  Works fairly well.B 

Also, I attached a fold-up plastic cup holder (from Walmart) to the front
vertical face of the console.B  Works well and doesn't get inB the way too
much when shifting. B 

----- Original Message -----

From: [email-masked]
To: "Douglas Morris" <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], "TR-6
list" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Friday, November 9, 2012 10:05:21 PM
Subject: Re: [6pack] Center Console

Man you guys are tough on consoles, mine is still like new after 3 years. B 

------Original Message------
From: Douglas Morris
To: TR-6 list
Subject: [6pack] Center Console
Sent: Nov 9, 2012 8:50 PM

Doug Morris, NC

[email-masked]

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/6pack/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: "Foster, Stan (HP IT)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 03:58:41 +0000

Here is my arm rest (JC Whitney version) with power outlets and cup holders
together with an additional fold up cup holder on the passenger side, mounted
on a home-made bracket and tucked in behind the dash support leg.

http://tinyurl.com/cv8v26j

Seats are Miata of course and this configuration has held up well surviving
many long distance trips.

Stan

[email-masked]

---

From: Mark Hooper <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 18:12:00 -0500

Sounds like Grandpa's axe. Replaced the handle three times and the blade
twice, but it's still Grandpa's axe...

Mark Hooper
1972 TR6

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Douglas Morris
Sent: November-09-12 9:51 PM
To: 6pack
Subject: [6pack] Center Console

Doug Morris, NC

[email-masked]

---

From: kirsis stephen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 18:53:13 -0500 (EST) actions=TAG refid=str=0001.0A020208.50A2DD5C.00E2,ss=1,re=0.000,fgs=0, ip=24.128.14.62, so=2011-07-25 19:15:43, dmn=2011-05-27 18:58:46, mode=single engine refid=str=0001.0A020208.50A2DD5C.00E2,ss=1,re=0.000,fgs=0, ip=24.128.14.62, so=2011-07-25 19:15:43, dmn=2011-05-27 18:58:46

I wish I had not junked it. Doug has some great ingenuity. I really liked the product.  
Making Doug's improvements and the same price I would order it again. Any-one 
have a part or product # from Whitney? It would not take much to make it a 
comfortable option. Not that I want to carry my gun in it. I would shoot myself or a 
relative. never owned one. My Daschund is enough.  
Steve Kirsis '70 damson 6, 75'Pimento 6

[email-masked]