Subject: Re: [6pack] Electronic Ignition systems

From: kirsis stephen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 07:39:31 -0500 (EST) actions=TAG refid=str=0001.0A02020A.50A23F77.007F,ss=1,re=0.000,fgs=0, ip=24.128.14.62, so=2011-07-25 19:15:43, dmn=2011-05-27 18:58:46, mode=single engine refid=str=0001.0A02020A.50A23F77.007F,ss=1,re=0.000,fgs=0, ip=24.128.14.62, so=2011-07-25 19:15:43, dmn=2011-05-27 18:58:46

For me it is Petronix. Simple and reliable. On both my 6's for years.
Steve Kirsis '70 6 and '75 6.

________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/6pack/[email-masked]

---

From: "Alex & Janet Thomson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 07:49:12 -0500

The Crane XR700 installed by a previous owner in our GT6 MK3 has performed
without any problems for at least 5 years. We tried a Pertronix in our TR6
but it burned out, leaving us on the side of the road (we were able to coast
1/2 mile of the 1 1/2 miles back home). Pertronix replaced the unit with no
question but that one failed as well. As it turned out, I think the unit was
being fed with the reduced voltage from the ballast wire rather than the
full 12 volts that it needs. I can't fault Pertronix for that. The TR6 has
been back on points for the last 3500 miles. I may try electronic ignition
in it again.

Alex Thomson

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Bill Wellbaum
Sent: Monday, November 12, 2012 11:13 PM
To: 6pack
Subject: [6pack] Electronic Ignition systems

I almost dread asking this question (think best oil, best tires) but I
really need to know the consensus on the best brand of electronic ignition
system to install in my '75 TR-6.  I had a Crane system leave me stranded on
the side of the road years ago and have been running points ever since.  I'm
ready to put my toe in the water again and try one out.  What is out
there-and seems to give the best overall service?

Bill Wellbaum
British Auto Club of Las Vegas
Check out our award winning website at www.baclv.org

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/6pack/[email-masked]

[email-masked]