Subject: [6pack] So what IS a TR worth?

From: "Andrew Uprichard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2012 18:00:57 -0400

Lists:

My cousin, Darryl, sent me the attachment below.  I am forwarding it out of
interest in what we really think our cars are worth.  Please be advised I
have no financial interest whatsoever in Racetorations.

I see two small-mouth TR3s for sale in Hemmings:  $37, 900 and $47,900 !!
Of course, the asking price is very different from what one actually gets
for a car.  Two years ago I sold a fast-road TR3 to a guy in Europe for
$44,000, but I had to ship it over and it ended up a push.  I have a friend
with a nice TR6 - refreshed, not restored, but no obvious issues.  What
should he expect to get for it ?  I have a TR3B with 8 years and 16,000
miles on it from restoration.  Everything seems to be fine and it drives and
looks great.  I was asked what I wanted for it.  It's not for sale, but what
if it were?

So, if anyone has time to kill, fill in the blanks below:

TR6 -  refreshed  - no obvious issues

??

TR3 -  restored  8 years - everything seems great

??

Small-mouth TR3 - new restoration - everything restored / replaced

??

Andrew Uprichard

www.motorcarinvestor.com/racetorations-its-all-about-trs/

________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/6pack/[email-masked]