Subject: [6pack] Electronic Ignition systems

From: "Bill Wellbaum" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 20:13:05 -0800

I almost dread asking this question (think best oil, best tires) but I really
need to know the consensus on the best brand of electronic ignition system to
install in my '75 TR-6.  I had a Crane system leave me stranded on the side of
the road years ago and have been running points ever since.  I'm ready to put
my toe in the water again and try one out.  What is out there-and seems to
give the best overall service?

Bill Wellbaum
British Auto Club of Las Vegas
Check out our award winning website at www.baclv.org

________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/6pack/[email-masked]

---

From: "lists" <[email-masked]>
Date: 13 Nov 2012 09:21:36 +0100

Bill,

if it comes out to a 123ignition (most sophisticated system imho), which is not readily available, have a look at

http://brits-n-pieces.com/shop/product_info.php/info/p7296

We do a conversion of the original 22D6 Lucas distributor to the electronic 123ignition (or 123\TUNE, if you like). I'll not throw in my 2 ct here because my opinion will not be seen as an objective opinion.

Eric
Brits 'n' Pieces

bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb
Von	Bill Wellbaum [[email-masked]]	
An	6pack[[email-masked]]	
CC		
Datum	13.11.2012 05:27:35	
Betreff	[6pack] Electronic Ignition systems	
bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb
I almost dread asking this question (think best oil, best tires) but I really
need to know the consensus on the best brand of electronic ignition system to
install in my '75 TR-6.  I had a Crane system leave me stranded on the side of
the road years ago and have been running points ever since.  I'm ready to put
my toe in the water again and try one out.  What is out there-and seems to
give the best overall service?

Bill Wellbaum

[email-masked]

---

From: "Andrew Uprichard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 07:31:38 -0500

I put a 123 ignition in my TR3 and a second unit in my TR250.  Apart from
having to adapt the tachometer to accept an electrical input, it was a very
straightforward procedure which I did myself.

Andrew Uprichard

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of lists
Sent: Tuesday, November 13, 2012 3:22 AM
To: Bill Wellbaum
Cc: 6pack
Subject: Re: [6pack] Electronic Ignition systems

Bill,

if it comes out to a 123ignition (most sophisticated system imho), which is
not readily available, have a look at

We do a conversion of the original 22D6 Lucas distributor to the electronic
123ignition (or 123\TUNE, if you like). I'll not throw in my 2 ct here
because my opinion will not be seen as an objective opinion.

Eric
Brits 'n' Pieces

bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb
bbbbbbbbbbbbbb
Von	Bill Wellbaum [[email-masked]]
An	6pack[[email-masked]]
CC
Datum	13.11.2012 05:27:35
Betreff	[6pack] Electronic Ignition systems
bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb
bbbbbbbbbbbbbb
I almost dread asking this question (think best oil, best tires) but I
really need to know the consensus on the best brand of electronic ignition
system to install in my '75 TR-6.  I had a Crane system leave me stranded on
the side of the road years ago and have been running points ever since.  I'm
ready to put my toe in the water again and try one out.  What is out
there-and seems to give the best overall service?

Bill Wellbaum

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/6pack/[email-masked]

[email-masked]