Subject: [6pack] Electronic Ignition Opinion

From: Bruce Simms <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 20:17:17 -0800 (PST)

My Crane 700 from about 2000 has been flawless.    Bought a Crane 3000 a few
years ago.   Nice unit.with more features then 700.    700 is now a
backup.     There's some more interesting solutions such as Mallory unilite or
123 where you can dial in different advance curves to suit your engine, but
you need an electric tach conversion.
 
Good with my set-up,
 
Bruce Simms

________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/6pack/[email-masked]

---

From: Michael Porter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 22:10:14 -0700

> you need an electric tach conversion.

Same here. I've had an Allison (now Crane) unit on the GT6 for fifteen 
years now, with no problems.  I think some of the early failures that 
queered people on the Allison/Crane setup was that the main cable had 
more of a strain relief than a waterproof seal where it exited the case, 
and moisture may have been a cause.  When I installed mine, I forced 
some sealant into and around the cable and it's survived driving through 
some very bad flooding.  It can't cure other faults, such as bad rotors, 
but it's done yeoman service for a decade and a half.

Cheers.

-- 

Michael Porter
Roswell, NM

Never let anyone drive you crazy when you know it's within walking distance....

[email-masked]

---

From: "lists" <[email-masked]>
Date: 14 Nov 2012 09:03:29 +0100

Bruce (and others),

not with the option we offer. We build the electronics of the 123 into the original distributor housing. Works (and looks) like a charm, not only with Triumphs but nearly all cars, even pre-war!

Eric

Bruce Simms wrote:
...     There's some more interesting solutions such as Mallory unilite or
123 where you can dial in different advance curves to suit your engine, but
you need an electric tach conversion.
 
Good with my set-up,
 
Bruce Simms

[email-masked]