Subject: Re: [6pack] Performance Research Industries

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2012 16:24:37 -0600

Yah they want just about $8,000 for the engine I want. I am torn between
supercharging and this. The problem I have is that I can't seem to find a
definitive "formula" to put together my own engine with the Moss
supercharger, i.e. which cam to use, compression ratio, porting, header,
etc. If there was a book on the matter I'd buy it (I do have the Kastner
gem). I have a low-mileage rebuild with good compression and a 10.1:1 head
currently so the head would have to go if I supercharged it. I have no
problem tearing into it if I knew where I was going with it. I don't want to
just hang parts on the thing as that leads to disappointment.

Thanks for your help,

Brian

From: Jim Jones [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2012 3:37 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [6pack] Performance Research Industries

If your motor is in good shape (compression, head, etc.) it would probably
be cheaper and easier to bolt on a Moss Supercharger kit. The blower will
make more a difference at the speeds we normally drive. If you're going
autocross or race that may not be the case. Building up a motor without
forced induction can be rather expen$ive.

I had a Moss kit on my old 72 Six. It really pulled hard!

Jim

--- On Wed, 11/28/12, [email-masked] <[email-masked]> wrote:

From: [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
Subject: [6pack] Performance Research Industries
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wednesday, November 28, 2012, 3:21 PM

Does anyone on the net have first-hand experience working with Performance
Research Industries (PRI) out of Oregon? They have some natural aspirated -6
engine build-ups that look very interesting and are indicating upwards of
160HP.

Thanks,

Brian

Brian J. Alwin
1972 TR-6 CC79085
Rochester, Minnesota

________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/6pack/[email-masked]

________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/6pack/[email-masked]

---

From: "Dave" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2012 16:43:26 -0600

I would suspect that triple webers and a mild (or wild) cam will get you 
most of that way for less money.  I have the ZS triple carbs, mild cam, 
lightened flywheel, shaved, polished, ported head, decked block, 
rebuilt/recurved dizzy, petronix, and a few other bits.  I was dyno'd about 
100 at the wheels.

don't forget to upgrade the suspension and especially the brakes!

-----Original Message----- 
From: [email-masked]
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2012 4:24 PM
To: 'Jim Jones' ; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [6pack] Performance Research Industries

Thanks for your help,

Brian

Jim

Thanks,

Brian

Brian J. Alwin
1972 TR-6 CC79085
Rochester, Minnesota 

[email-masked]

---

From: "Andrew Uprichard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2012 17:53:28 -0500

Await an upcoming article in 6-Pack, but I secured 160bhp at the wheels in
my TR250 with what Dave describes below.  And Brian can get it for less than
$8000 starting where he is now.

Andrew Uprichard

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Dave
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2012 5:43 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [6pack] Performance Research Industries

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2012 4:24 PM
To: 'Jim Jones' ; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [6pack] Performance Research Industries

Thanks for your help,

Brian

Jim

Thanks,

Brian

Brian J. Alwin
1972 TR-6 CC79085
Rochester, Minnesota 

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/6pack/[email-masked]

[email-masked]