Subject: Re: [6pack] Suspension?

From: Jim Jones <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2012 12:21:04 -0800 (PST)

Richard I don't think you'll get that much more compliance from the rubber
parts and they don't last NEARLY as long as 16 years. I'd stay with what
works. As for replacing everything? I would take out one of the one of the
front bushings to see how it looks and feels. If you are getting the "TR6
negative camber" when you look at the car from the dead-on rear it's probably
time to replace those.

Jim

--- On Tue, 11/27/12, richard olson <[email-masked]> wrote:

From: richard olson <[email-masked]>
Subject: [6pack] Suspension?
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tuesday, November 27, 2012, 1:33 PM

Hi, and welcome to winter!

Bought my 1972 TR6 in 1996 (21,000 on OD).
Did
urethane re-bushing kits in front, rear and differential.
(And HVDA
conversion, paint, spoke wheels, factory hardtop, on and on..............)
Now at 65,000 miles (16 years old, like a baby?), is it a good idea to get
all of the new suspension parts for this?  The urethane was a little hard on
the roadway, so I'm thinking

to put on stock rubber parts.  Yea or no?
Thanks,
Rick Olson in NJ

________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/6pack/[email-masked]

________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/6pack/[email-masked]