Subject: Re: [6pack] [TR] 6 cylinder Engine Upgrades

From: Mark J Bradakis <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2013 12:34:58 -0700

Greg Lemon wrote:
> There is a nice article on the VTR website by some guy named Mark Bradakis
> (!?!) http://www.vtr.org/maintain/engine-mods-TR6.shtml
> About 6 cylinder engine upgrades, it seems to indicate that more detailed
> articles are to follow, but I can't find them on the VTR site, anybody have a
> clue as to whether these articles are available somewhere, looked like
> potentially good stuff.
>
I never did get around to doing any more, sorry.

mjb.

________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/6pack/[email-masked]

---

From: Irv Korey <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2013 13:55:13 -0600

> clue as to whether these articles are available somewhere, looked like

If you are a member of 6-Pack, there have been a number of engine upgrade
articles in the Magazine over the years. Many of the older magazines have
been scanned
and are available in the Members Only section of the 6-Pack website.

Irv Korey
74 TR6 CF22767U
Highland Park, IL

[email-masked]

---

From: "Greg Lemon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2013 18:49:10 -0600

Thanks Mark, I was poking around all over the place looking at specs on head 
modifications and headers and maybe even cams, your "project" looked pretty 
ambitious, there is almost too much stuff out there on the TR 6 cylinder, 
lots of choice and in some case somewhat conflicting information.

regards, Greg Lemon
TR250

--------------------------------------------------
From: "Mark J Bradakis" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wednesday, March 6, 2013 1:34 PM
To: <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [TR] 6 cylinder Engine Upgrades

> ** [email-masked] **
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage: 
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: Gene Holtzclaw <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2013 20:29:00 +0000

Just as we climb mountains because they are there, I embarked on a TR6 engine
build that has never been done. I spoke with Lanky Foushee way back in 2005
about my idea, and he felt that I was talking about something that would rival
any of the import 6 cylinder builds. I added a 5th main bearing to a TR6
block. It took me until last year to find a machinist willing to do it. Sadly,
due to the new normal, I find the project ground to a halt. I have the block,
and a cast crank with the main journal cut into it as a guide, to putting the
5th main bearing in the block. (I have pictures) I won't go into all else I
have in this email, but to proceed, I found a custom crank company in NC that
will build a billet steel crank for this block for around 3K. They told me to
bring them the pattern crank, and the block, and get ready. My idea was to
build a supercharged and turbocharged 2.7 liter screamer. According to Lanky,
the TR6 engine could stand 9K rpm, but only if you kept it above 6500 rpm. The
failure of the TR6 engine in racing was always the crank according to Lanky.
And always before or aft the counterweight in the center. So, this 'ole boy
wanted to build a TR6 engine that could idle at 800, be driven on the street
as stock, and yet turn 9K if that was your kicks and giggles.  The
supercharger would give it the wonderful low end torque, and the turbo would
give it the never ending ability to wind to places never ventured in a TR6,
or, where your nerve ran out. For those who think I may be crazy, just look
into what the Toyota and Nissan engines turn in turbocharged only trim.

To shorten this saga for ongoing (maybe) discussion, is there any interest out
there in this circle interested in buying me out, and picking up the baton and
seeing it to fruition? If so, email me off discussion, (if there is any) and I
will give more details of what all I have done, accumulated.

> Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2013 12:34:58 -0700
> From: [email-masked]
> To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [6pack] [TR] 6 cylinder Engine Upgrades
>
> Greg Lemon wrote:
> Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/6pack/[email-masked]

[email-masked]