Subject: Re: [6pack] '71 TR-6 for sale

From: im sloane <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2013 14:47:07 +0000

Hi guys,
I've been in touch with John about his 71. I have pictures that I can send to
anyone that is interested.

Here's a little info. He's owned since 81, probably hasn't driven much in 10
years. He didn't want to sell a 'project car' so he's had alot done to it to
make it ready to sell. Some stuff from his mechanic's invoice include remove &
repair fuel tank, rebuild carbs, rebuild brake master, rear brake cylinders,
clutch master, adjust valves, belt, all hoses, new right axle shaft, rebuild
wipers, and re-chrome all bumpers. Not sure why, but after all that, he said
the Red-lines are dry rotted, so it needs tires. He had it repainted in the
original mustard yellow and the bumpers dones in 2012. The inside looks good
in the pics, but there are no trim panels in trunk. Didn't send any engine
pictures, but the mechanic invoice also lists 'Underhood Detail'. It also
states 'NO rust except on trunk lid which was repaired when painted'.

He has spent $12,700 on it, and that's exactly what he wants for it. I don't
know about you, but I would have loved to have it for free before he started
on it. (haha)

Write me off list for pictures or more info. NFI

Call John at 910-673-0417 for more info. Real nice older gentleman. Doesn't
email. Phone is at his business, so leave message and he'll return calls.  Car
is currently stored at Friendly Chevrolet in Troy, NC. I assume it's on
display in the showroom.

Sloane :o)
'69-Six.

> Subject: [6pack] '71 TR-6 for sale
>
> Feller in Troy, NC (near Southern Pines and Asheboro) has a yellow '71 TR-6
> for sale.
> I don't know anything about it (he came up to me in my -6 in a parking
lot),
> but he said it's mostly restored and runs well.
> Evidently, a health issue prevents his driving it any more.
> Just throwin' it out there. Don't ask me about it, m'kay? I know
noth-thing.
> Contact: John Ellis, 910-673-0417
>
> Doug Morris, NC
>
> ________________________________________

________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/6pack/[email-masked]