Subject: Re: [6pack] [TR] Shameless plug and thanks!

From: "Greg Lemon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2013 22:21:09 -0600

Steve sorry to hear of the sale of the TR250, I took a look on e-bay, very 
nice car, and well presented.  I know its not easy, made the hard decision 
to sell my Healey 100 about 6 years ago, but did end up getting a TR250 to 
restore a couple years later.

Since it looks like you have had a couple of TR250s I do have a question 
about the Ratco frame, assuming you have driven a TR250 with both stock and 
the Ratco frame, is there is discernable difference? is the Ratco equipped 
car a little more rigid?

Have thought about doing the upgrade, I know the best time would have been 
before the restoration, but never too late.

Thanks, Greg Lemon
TR250

--------------------------------------------------

________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/6pack/[email-masked]

---

From: "Steve Thornton" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2013 17:02:02 -0600

Hello again-

Don, and a few others,  suggested that I bomb the List with the link for
the sale of my TR250. With a little nudging, here it is-

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Triumph-TR250-Beautiful-restoration-needs
-nothing-/130862632338?_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:
IT&forcev4exp=true

From: Don Hiscock [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, March 04, 2013 3:30 PM
To: Steve Thornton
Subject: Re: [TR] Shameless plug and thanks!

Link to your ad on eBay?  I'm sure others would appreciate it too, so go
ahead and bomb the list with it.

Thx,

Don

On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 4:21 PM, Steve Thornton
<[email-masked]> wrote:

Hello list-

After almost 3 decades of TR ownership, I find myself in a position of
downsizing, which includes vehicles. While I have enjoyed many great
TR's, I am down to one- a TR250. I listed it today on Ebay.

I have owned a TR2, a TR3B, a TR4, two TR250's and a TR6. Two of them
have won national concours awards, which I cherish. I have also owned
assorted Jaguars and of course, the obligatory MGB many years ago. Heck,
I even owned a Fiat 850 in high school!

However, I have made many friends through this list and cannot thank
Mark enough for his contribution to our hobby. His influence cannot be
mentioned enough. It is hard to part with my last TR without thinking of
Fred Thomas. What a guy and he is missed by many, including me. Without
this forum his knowledge would not have been spread nearly as wide, or
far.

I will miss seeing many of you and I may perhaps return someday to LBC
ownership, who knows.

Until then,....

Steven O. Thornton

1011 Lehman Avenue

Suite 102

Bowling Green, KY   42103

270-779-9871

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: "Steve Thornton" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2013 22:39:26 -0600

Greg et al-

The Ratco frame is not cheap at over $4000, but worth it when doing a full
restoration. I resisted, but Randy Phillippi convinced me to spend the extra
dollars. As usual, he was right.

The ride is a little more tight and I am comparing that to a TR6 restoration I
previously did with repairing the existing frame.

There are countless ways to find to spend money on TR's, but this is a good
one in my opinion.

Good luck with yours.

Steven O. Thornton
1011 Lehman Avenue
Suite 102
Bowling Green, KY.  42103
270-781-6630

Sent from my iPhone

> Steve sorry to hear of the sale of the TR250, I took a look on e-bay, very
nice car, and well presented.  I know its not easy, made the hard decision to
sell my Healey 100 about 6 years ago, but did end up getting a TR250 to
restore a couple years later.
about the Ratco frame, assuming you have driven a TR250 with both stock and
the Ratco frame, is there is discernable difference? is the Ratco equipped car
a little more rigid?

[email-masked]