Subject: [6pack] CHANGING DIFF OIL

From: "Colin Thom" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 13:57:52 -0700

Hi Listers,

So being the ontopofmaintenance guy that I am, I figured I'd change my diff
oil. Behold..no drain plug! I dimly remember this from when I put the
restored car back on the road 9 years and 16,000 miles ago. I know the
level's up to the fill plug because some oil weeps out when I pull out said
plug and the oil looks pretty good so I guess I don't have a problem, but
how does one drain the thing??

Colin Thom '75

________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/6pack/[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 22:35:54 +0000 (GMT)

Well, either have a drain plug tapped into the bottom of the diff or 
play like you're siphoning gas out of a tank with a length of plastic 
tubing. Nothing like the taste of 90 wgt. gear lube in the morning.

Bill Wellbaum
British Auto Club of Las Vegas
baclv.org

On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 1:57 PM, Colin Thom wrote:

> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe: 
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/6pack/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: Lfmaol <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 18:03:20 -0500

Actually the easiest way is to go to Harbor Freight and buy a small transfer
pump that has hoses small enough to fit through the hole.  You can use it to
pump out the old and pump in the new oil.  Same works for topping off the
tranny.  Think that they are less than $10 and they have 20% off coupons all
the time, this what I did.

http://www.harborfreight.com/multi-use-transfer-pump-66418.html

Lou
72 Pimento

On Apr 17, 2013, at 5:35 PM, [email-masked] wrote:

> Well, either have a drain plug tapped into the bottom of the diff or play
like you're siphoning gas out of a tank with a length of plastic tubing.
Nothing like the taste of 90 wgt. gear lube in the morning.
> Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/6pack/[email-masked]

[email-masked]