Subject: [6pack] Selling off my parts

From: "Vito" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 12:27:51 -0500

I had a TR6 that I had owned for years. It only had about 43k miles on it
and I sent it to a place to get painted for a showroom type restoration. The
person never returned the car and the authorities were not able to get him.

I am older now and have just decided to start selling the parts off rather
than go out and buy another and start again. It was a price no object
restoration and when you do that, you end up buying parts for lots of money
(original parts sourced throughout the world) and then selling them at a
loss. I've listed the transmission and overdrive on eBay. It is expensive,
but I am still losing money on it. Not sure anyone is looking for one, but
wanted to put it out there.

I found a brand new in the crate O/D unit that I purchased and then had it
and the transmission rebuilt by Herman Van Den Akker out of California. I
was able to source brand new parts for all the shafts, etc. All of the
syncros, forks, etc are NOS Leyland, not aftermarket. I think there was one
or two gears I could not find new, but the car had fairly low mileage
anyway.

Ping me if anyone has interest and I have not answered your questions in the
listing. I'm located in Northern Houston.

________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/6pack/[email-masked]