Subject: [6pack] 1969 GT6+ project unable to complete

From: Andrew Packard <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2013 09:55:30 -0700

Hello Triumph friends:

I'm officially spread a little thin with my Triumph projects and am forced to
move away from my GT6+ restoration effort.  I have a black plate California
car that sat dormant since 1977, acquired from Whittier, CA.  I had the frame
media blasted and powdered coated red, as well as all of the suspension
pieces.  The body was also media blasted and powder coated in primer and even
finish coat powder coated inside the tub and underneath.  The painter took
care of the few dents and dings  and painted the outside in single stage
white, adding a red Group 44 type stripe across the front.  Rust was almost
non-existant but the couple small areas have been addressed with fiberglass
and was very well done.  Car is rolling on nearly completed suspension (rear
stabilizer bars not attached).  Engine is numbers matching according to BMH
certificate, but will need to be disassembled as it will not turn.  I have a
set of .030 over pistons for the rebuild, too.  Seats and interior panels have
also been redone.  I have brand new A/R 4 spoke wheels with new tires on it
now, but these may be sold separately.  It is not an overdrive car.

I also have many parts from a GT6+ I initially bought for the project except
for the engine, frame and body that I sold off.

If you are interested in picking up a top end restoration project, please
contact me off list.  I will send you a few pics and talk price.  I have
$10,500 in the car now and would like to recover a reasonable portion of this
amount.

Andy Packard
SF Bay Area, CA

________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/6pack/[email-masked]