Subject: [6pack] Clutch Pedal Pressure

From: John VanNorman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 14:45:57 -0400 FILETIME=[DDAE3F10:01CE8C8B]

The first time I drove my TR6 this year after winter storage I noticed that my
clutch pedal had no pressure. But after pumping it a bit, I finally got
pressure and was off and running. Didn't have any problem thereafter.
Fast forward to Saturday night - getting ready to take it out for our Buckeye
Triumph Night Rally. I've been pretty busy this summer and didn't get to drive
her for about a month and a half. Again, noticed that my clutch pedal had no
pressure, but was able to pump it up with no signs of trouble thereafter.

So what can it be? I checked the fluid level and it looks fine. No sign of
fluid loss in the engine bay or underneath the car either. I double checked
and when I had no pressure, the slave clyinder arm wouldn't move, so I know it
isn't anything inside the bell housing that is loose (plus, I have the
throughout bearing fork double pinned). Air in the line maybe? Other
thoughts?

John V.

1974 1/2 TR6

________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/6pack/[email-masked]

---

From: Irv Korey <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 14:00:41 -0500

> throughout bearing fork double pinned). Air in the line maybe? Other

I have had 2 slave cylinders fail and there wasn't a drop of fluid on the
ground. In both cases, this happened after the car had been sitting for a
while. In both cases, the fluid was inside the rubber boot of the slave
cylinder but had gotten past the seal on the slave cylinder piston. The
boot held the fluid inside and kept it off of the ground. The only
difference between my experiences and yours is that the clutch master was
empty both times it happened to me.

HTH,

Irv Korey
74 TR6 CF22767U
Highland Park, IL

[email-masked]