Subject: Re: [6pack] Lost Summer

From: im sloane <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2013 14:36:43 +0000

<Disclaimer-not a mechanic but like to try>

If it's getting spark, will it fire with starting fluid? If they're getting
spark and fuel, they should fire.

Sloane :-)

> From: [email-masked]
> To: [email-masked]
> Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2013 14:12:44 +0000
> Subject: [6pack] Lost Summer
>
> Hello everyone,
>
> I hate to bother you, I really do, but I am out of ideas. Back in May I
drove
> my 75 TR6 in from storage. An hour on the highway and it was smooth as
silk.
> Drove fine the next day then the day after it would crank but not start.
> After much work it will run fine for 5-10 minutes then starts to bog on low
> rpm then stalls and will not start. Here is how I spent my summer:

________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/6pack/[email-masked]

---

From: "Robert" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2013 10:46:12 -0400

Try taking out the petronix ignition and put the points back in. Remember to
set the gap and have your CHAMPION plugs set at .025

[email-masked]

---

From: im sloane <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2013 15:51:26 +0000

Hmm, that sounds like 'cooled down, it started fine'. Maybe vapor lock? Next
time just pop the hood and wait 10-15 minutes.

From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [6pack] Lost Summer
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2013 14:43:51 +0000

Thanks, I will get it to stall out and see if starter fluid fires.  That
should help isolate if it is a fuel or a spark issue.  I am having trouble
isolating the problem.   Last night when it stalled I swapped out the coil and
it started.  I put the old coil back and it started as well!

[email-masked]