Subject: [6pack] Clutch not working

From: "Dale Katzfey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2013 15:49:10 -0400

He is what has happened.
First, I did not run the car for 2 years.  Sat in a garage.
Second, I did get her started.
Third, pushed in the clutch and tried to get it in reverse, gears started to
grind.  Tried other gears and could not engage.
Fourth, bled the lines and made sure that the slave cylinder was moving.  It
was moving pretty well.  I didn't measure it.
Clutch still didn't disengage
Fifth, I jacked up the rear wheels and started it in gear.  Wheels spun in
forward and reverse.  Pulled the hand break with the clutch in and out.  I
just could not get the clutch to release. Even stalled the engine with the
hand break and clutch depressed.

The clutch is probably about 15 years old, but only has about 20,000 miles on
it.

Do I have to get to the clutch or is there something else I can do to free it
up? I really don't want to pull the transmission again.

Thanks for your help.

Dale

________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/6pack/[email-masked]

---

From: "Tomislav Marincic" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2013 18:11:31 -0400

1. Put car in 4th gear, engine off, parking brake released

2. Have someone sit in the car with the clutch pedal depressed

3. Have 2-3 guys rock the car back and forth until the clutch disk becomes
unstuck from the pressure plate.

4. Repeat each spring.

All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way.
People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes,
and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. 
 <http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/g/georgeorwe164069.html> George
Orwell

[email-masked]