Subject: Re: [6pack] SOFT TOP STOWING

From: "Robert M. Lang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2013 07:23:25 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 26 Sep 2013, Zimmerman, John wrote:

> I've re-entered the hobby and have a question about taking the top down.  I
> seem to remember s procedure from years ago about folding the side wings a
> certain way so the windows ddn't get damaged.  Is this information still
> available?

This information is available... in the Owner's Manual. If you don't have 
one, you can get a reprint.

> Also, a suggestion for a gas lead additive, maybe something that can be
> purchased locally.

You don't need it. Period. I've been using no-lead for more than 100k 
miles. I've had zero problems due to the no-lead. Anyone that tells you 
otherwise should back up thier claim with actual first-hand evidence.

> Thanks,
> John Zimmerman

regards,
rml
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bob Lang              Triumph TR6!!            |  This space for rent
Former NER Solo Chair                          |
Voice:617-253-7438                             |  Cell: 339-927-4489
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/6pack/[email-masked]

---

From: William Pugh <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2013 09:04:54 -0700

I suppose everyone has a different method, what we do is to unlatch, unsnap,
place a folded shop towel on the wheel arches, lay the top on the trunk lid.
Now you have to two latches pointing up, these we cover with another folded
towel (folded twice for thickness).bring the top forward  (we don't unzip the
rear window, cover the two small triangles with a "custom" cover (made from
the corner of an pillow case) fold the over the top and stuff everything down,
pull up and fasten the hood cover.   Done.

> You don't need it. Period. I've been using no-lead for more than 100k miles.
I've had zero problems due to the no-lead. Anyone that tells you otherwise
should back up thier claim with actual first-hand evidence.
> rml

"Life is too short to drive boring cars"

Bill Pugh
1957 TR3 "Casper"p;
TS16765L
Wallace, CA
[email-masked]

[email-masked]