Subject: [6pack] Lost Summer

From: "Crouter, Bruce CIC" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2013 14:12:44 +0000

Hello everyone,

I hate to bother you, I really do, but I am out of ideas.  Back in May I drove
my 75 TR6 in from storage.  An hour on the highway and it was smooth as silk.
Drove fine the next day then the day after it would crank but not start.
After much work it will run fine for 5-10 minutes then starts to bog on low
rpm then stalls and will not start.  Here is how I spent my summer:

Fuel:

  *   Cleaned lines and replaced filters
  *   Checked both electric and mechanical fuel pump (connected in line)
  *   Rebuilt carbs
  *   Bowls are full of fuel
  *   New fuel used
  *   Vent in tank is clear
Electric:

  *   New plugs
  *   Wires one year old
  *   New distributor
  *   New electronic ignition
  *   New coil
  *   Bright blue spark
  *   Timing at idle (10 BTDC)

Other:

  *   Cleaned and synced temperate compensators
  *   Battery seems to be OK but is old
  *   I had a retard unit, now an advance unit.  I plugged the old port (under
the carb) and am not sure which port to put the advance hose on (port on top
of carbs by the manifold doesn't seem to do much).  Would not having the
vacuum advance set up properly stop the car, only when warm?  I can't think
why that would happen.

I am out of ideas and things to replace.  Snow is six weeks away and I won't
be able to get it back to storage.  Any suggestions from your vast experience
would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks very much.

Bruce Crouter
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/6pack/[email-masked]