Subject: [6pack] SOFT TOP STOWING

From: "Zimmerman, John" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 14:43:19 -0400

I've re-entered the hobby and have a question about taking the top down.  I
seem to remember s procedure from years ago about folding the side wings a
certain way so the windows ddn't get damaged.  Is this information still
available?

Also, a suggestion for a gas lead additive, maybe something that can be
purchased locally.

Thanks,

John Zimmerman

Traffic Supervisor

Sumitomo (SHI) Demag - Plastics Machinery

Van Dorn Demag Corp.

11792 Alameda Drive

Strongsville, Ohio  44149

PH: 440-876-6251

FAX: 440-876-6428

________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/6pack/[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 19:00:59 +0000

I am sure there is a utube or some other description on line.
I was taught to unsnap the cover entirely (along the body) after releasing the
front clamps, then pull the cover back away from the frame bows. I fold the
side windows in before I tuck the cover down. Haven't done it for a while and
don't have it in front of me. Seems like it is fairly obvious how to fold the
sides in without putting hardware against the window plastic. You want to
avoid that.
The most important bit is to remember to pull the cover back away from the
bows and especially away from the folding side rails. Otherwise those side
rails will tear the cover. My two cars both came with torn tops because the
previous owner tried to fold it down without pulling the cover back. :(
-grego

-----Original Message-----
From: Zimmerman, John [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, September 26, 2013 02:43 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [6pack] SOFT TOP STOWING

I've re-entered the hobby and have a question about taking the top down. Iseem
to remember s procedure from years ago about folding the side wings acertain
way so the windows ddn't get damaged. Is this information stillavailable?Also,
a suggestion for a gas lead additive, maybe something that can bepurchased
locally.

[email-masked]