Subject: [6pack] 72" TR6 Engine Rebuild

From: Bob Rochlin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2013 22:08:26 +0000 FILETIME=[3868DA40:01CED8E1]

Hi List,   I'm contemplating rebuilding the engine of my 72' TR6 this
winter.  I am hoping the collective experience of the list can give me some
guidance as to some of the decisions I'll have to make.   I'm thinking of
getting a cam just a little hotter then stock and shaving the head just a bit.
I've been very happy with the performance of the original ZS carburetors and
wonder of they are  able to supply the increased fuel demands of the new set
up. As far as I understand the jets are fixed.   Speaking of cams, how
necessary are cam bearings?  Should I have them installed while I'm doing the
rebuild?  The engine runs very well, but bit doggie.  I don't think that it's
ever had any machine shop work done.  I did a compression test about a year
ago.  The results were low of 85, hight of 120.  A leak down test confirmed
that almost all the lost compression was through  the rings.  The car burns
almost no oil (it just leaks out a little)  what other components should I
replace as a matter of course during the rebuild?  Anything I should look out
for?  I am long forward to hearing your advice.  Take care.  Bob

________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/6pack/[email-masked]