Subject: Re: [6pack] starter issue

From: "Dave" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2013 10:28:18 -0600

that is too funny.  you are absolutely right.  it's cranking again . . . .

I had trouble with it years ago - the back part literally fell out.  maybe 
time to replace the whole thing!!!!!

-----Original Message----- 
From: Robert Perry
Sent: Sunday, November 24, 2013 10:03 AM
To: Dave
Subject: Re: [6pack] starter issue

Dave,

Check your ignition switch first.  The brass contacts wear out!  Try 
wiggling and pushing in on the back side of the ignition switch while 
starting.  It will probably start for you!

Regards,

Robert Perry

>car has run fine lately.
>
>today when I turned the key, nothing, then it started.  drive for 15 
>minutes,
>turned the car off.  turned the key, nothing.  numerous times.
>
>power to everything.  no issues there.  lights, etc
>
>seems like starter motor.  could it be connection to solenoid, or something
>like that?  checked power to the starter, and its definitely there.
>
>plan to remove starter, have it checked.  good plan?
>
>btw this is a high torque starter.

________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/6pack/[email-masked]

---

From: "Dave" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2013 17:13:51 -0600

its still intermittant.  messed with the switch wiring; was going to remove
the ignition switch but I canbt figure out how. got some things apart, the
switch started working, so I put it all back together and then it didnbt
work.

I did notice that if I removed the wire from the solenoid and bhot wiredb
it, it worked.  then when I put the wire back things worked normally again.
Ibm thinking it may have to do with that wiring.

Ibll check it later tonight to see if its still working  . . . . .

[email-masked]