Subject: [6pack] Seat Belt Interlock Module

From: David Friedlander <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2014 19:54:02 -0400

Hello gents!

As we all know, the boys in Coventry installed a wondrous electrical device
in our Sixes known as the seat belt interlock module. When I replaced my
old seatbelts with the newer version, the seat belt sensor and seat sensors
were eliminated, as the new belts had no such provision. I have had no
problem with this arrangement until a few days ago when the seat belt
module
(Green Catalog page 335/item TKC734) started to emit a sickly whining
signal.
We've checked out the driver side door switches, the neutral safety switch,
and
the ignition relay. I believe the problem is with the seat belt interlock
module
itself (a Smiths product). Should I eliminate this module altogether,
wiring the
starter relay so that the car will start without the module? Has anyone
ever
attempted to repair this module (a riveted assembly, with 1970's
electronics
packed within)? Anyone else dealt with this problem? Right now, I can't
start
my car without the module and can't handle the noise *with *the module!

Appreciate any insights....

Dave Friedlander
CF25194UO
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/6pack