Subject: Re: [6pack] Rear anti-roll bar

From: "Greg Lemon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2014 23:48:59 -0500

I have a 7/8" bar on the front of my car, and 3/4" on the rear, the car 
corners flat and is very neutral in handling, I love the set up, this is the 
Addco set as sold by TRF and others, stock springs, rear tube shocks.

Greg Lemon

--------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/6pack

---

From: Irv Korey <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2014 06:59:55 -0500

On Sat, Aug 30, 2014 at 1:34 PM, Douglas Morris <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Been toying with the idea of mounting a rear anti-sway bar, but I m
> concerned
> that this will induce oversteer for my spritely driven  almost-daily driver
> or at least reduce the safety-first understeer one expects in a road car.
> Any comments?
>

If you size the rear bar properly, you will not have oversteer. Any rear
bar WILL reduce understeer. Do you ever go on the 6-Pack Forum? As a result
of the efforts of one of or members, Addco produced a special rear bar last
year for the TR6 so that understeer could be safely reduced.

Irv Korey
74 TR6 CF22767U (Addco 7/8" front and 3/4" rear)
Highland Park, IL
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]

---

From: David Friedlander <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2014 08:30:18 -0400

Doug;

I have been running the uprated front and rear Addco bars for more than 5
years. One issue which may not be readily apparent is that the rear sway
bar interferes the use of a stock muffler position.

Dave Friedlander
'74  Six

On Sat, Aug 30, 2014 at 2:34 PM, Douglas Morris <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.96
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> [email-masked]
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/6pack/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: "Greg Lemon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2014 08:08:27 -0500

David, good point about the exhaust/muffler clearance,  I don't run a stock 
set up, but your post reminded me that I had clearance problems too, I ended 
up having to pull the pipes up a little and also shimming the sway bar mount 
down off the frame just a little to make it all fit, still tight.

Greg Lemon

[email-masked]

---

From: David Friedlander <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2014 09:17:22 -0400

I see. I run a stainless six-into-one header with the single pipe back to a
non-stock muffler (I got from Summit) running in-line with the exhaust,
rather than transverse like the stock muffler.

It's be nice if those selling the rear Addco bar included a caveat advising
those who plan to install the bar to also plan on some special attention to
the
rear muffler arrangement.

Cheers,

Dave

On Sun, Aug 31, 2014 at 9:08 AM, Greg Lemon <[email-masked]> wrote:

> David, good point about the exhaust/muffler clearance,  I don't run a
> stock set up, but your post reminded me that I had clearance problems too,
> I ended up having to pull the pipes up a little and also shimming the sway
> bar mount down off the frame just a little to make it all fit, still tight.
>
> Greg Lemon

[email-masked]