Subject: Re: [6pack] Seat Belt Interlock Module

From: Irv Korey <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2014 20:18:49 -0500

On Sun, Aug 31, 2014 at 6:54 PM, David Friedlander <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> Hello gents!
>
> As we all know, the boys in Coventry installed a wondrous electrical device
> in our Sixes known as the seat belt interlock module

Don't blame TRiumph. Thsi was a Federal safety standard for ALL new cars
sold in the US in 1974. The outcry was such that it was lifted after only 1
year.

>
> Appreciate any insights....
>

Look at the module. Identify the white with red wire, and the white with
orange wire. Cut them, then connect them to each other. This eliminates the
module from the circuitry of the car. Since I did this, no more issues.

Irv Korey
74 TR6 CF22767U
Highland Park, IL
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/6pack

---

From: David Friedlander <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2014 22:08:18 -0400

Thanks, Irv. I'll check that out and give it a try!

Cheers,

Dave

[email-masked]