Subject: [6pack] 2015 VTR National Convention

From: Irv Korey <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2014 11:40:37 -0500

The Illinois Sports Owners Association is pleased to announce
that it will host the 2015 Vintage Triumph Register National convention at
the Abbey Resort and Conference Center in Fontana, Wisconsin, from Tuesday,
August 11, through Friday, August 15, 2015. The site is on the shore of
Geneva Lake in scenic southeastern Wisconsin, located in the rolling
countryside approximately one hour from the Northwest suburbs of Chicago.
The 2015 convention will include such driving events as a gimmick rally,
TSD rally, self-guided touring, a breakfast run, an ice cream run, a
funkhana, and an autocross. There will also be several clinics, a private
guided tour of nearby Mecum Auto Auctions, a welcome party with musical
entertainment by the Spinal Tappets [ISOA's house band known for their
parody rock classics with a distinctive Triumph slant] and, of course the
participants choice and concours car shows. We've also arranged for a
"name-the-parts" scavenger hunt/pub crawl, a parts auction, and an
excursion boat ride of Geneva Lake.

                Our guest of honor will be Kas Kastner, the engineering
mastermind who led the North American Triumph Competition Department to
racing victories during the glory days. As a special added attraction, TS1
LO, the first production Triumph TR will be on display at the convention,
along with LD 2, the first left-hand drive production Triumph Stag. Mark
Macy, the proprietor of Macy's Garage, will be on hand to speak about TS1
and Joe Pawlak, who spearheaded the TTA charity project a few years ago,
will speak about the LD2 Stag. There will also be additional clinics on wet
liner oil pumps, transmissions, as well as a few other topics still under
consideration.

                We have arranged for a significant discount on room rates
at the Abbey for the nights of the 11 through the 15th. To receive the
preferred rate you must call  the resort (262/275 b 9000) and explain to
the operator that you want the Vintage Triumph Register rate.

                The convention website [www.VTR2015.com] is now up and
operative. The website contains a video taken at the Abbey and the
surrounding countryside which gives a nice perspective of the area, along
with information about local attractions, regalia, and articles on the 2015
featured models-the TR4A and Spitfire Mark II-both of which will celebrate
their 50th anniversary next year. There is also a brief biography of Kas
reprinted with permission from Moss Motors, and information on our tech
presenters.

                VTR members may register online and pay via PayPal. If you
prefer, you may print out a registration form PDF and mail it along with
the check to the registrar. You will need to know your VTR membership
number and car's commission number to complete the registration. At this
time, non-VTR members will have to print the registration form and mail it
to the registrar - we're working on a way to allow on-line registration for
non-members and hope to a have on-line capability for them soon. VTR
members who choose to register online and use PayPal, will receive an
immediate confirmation from the convention treasurer stating the total
amount their PayPal account has been debited. This will include the
registration fee plus any regalia or optional activities they have elected
to purchase. If you wish to receive the early registration discount, you
must register no later than June 15, 2015. After your registration is
processed [3-4 days], the convention registrar will provide you with an
itemized list that details your expenses. Mail-in registrations may take a
bit longer.

                The website also contains a list of contacts, including
phone numbers and web addresses for local attractions, the registrar, the
treasurer, and the convention co-chairs.

                This will be the sixth VTR convention hosted by ISOA and we
hope that our experience from previous events will enable us to provide you
with an excellent experience at the 2015 VTR convention. We are looking
forward to seeing a large contingent of Triumph enthusiasts next summer and
hope that you come away with pleasant memories of a great time.

Please feel free to respond to me with any questions or concerns off list
if I can be of any assistance.

Best regards,

Bob Streepy 2015 VTR Convention Co-Chair

[email-masked]  630/263-7565 cell

Irv Korey

VTR Convention lackey

74 TR6 CF22767U

Highland Park, IL
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/6pack