Subject: [6pack] Opinions on cost of a factory hardtop

From: James_ <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2014 11:11:48 -0800

What do folks think a decent price would be for a restored factory hardtop?

bSent from my Atari 2600b
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/6pack

---

From: robert fabie <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2014 08:14:21 -0500

Hello James,

A fully restorable (not restored) factory steel TR6/250/4 top could easily
fetch $1500-$2000. This assumes all the small bits and pieces (like
interior vents and chrome moldings) are in place, including all the
hardware needed to attach the top to the car. This also assumes no
rust-through on the metal.

I mention "restoarable" because the chances of someone selling a "restored"
hardtop that happens to match the exact color of your car are slim. As
such, you would need to have the top dismantled and painted to match your
vehicle's color.

These original hardtops are becoming increasingly rare and finding a
"restored" one is even rarer. Opinions will vary, but my estimates are
based on my having paid $900 for a perfect restorable one 14 years ago.

Before you pull the trigger on one, take a look at the Roadster Factory
catalog as a guide to all the parts that make up the hardtop. Some are
still available and others are not.

Best,
Bob
1975 TR6 (with hardtop)

On Sat, Nov 29, 2014 at 2:11 PM, James_ <[email-masked]> wrote:

> b Sent from my Atari 2600b
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.96
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> [email-masked]
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/6pack/[email-masked]

[email-masked]