Subject: [6pack] 6-Pack Calendars available for pre-order

From: Ashford Little <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2014 19:45:25 -0500

If you are interested in ordering a 6-Pack Calendar the send an email to David
Fidler at:  DJFidlerATrogers.com (replace the AT with @)

In your email please type the following with your information:

John Smith,smithy,[email-masked],1234 Long Road,Apt
4,Smithtown,FL,12345,2,yes

If you have any further questions then please visit the 6-Pack sitebs forum
area.  The topic is:

Forum <http://www.6-pack.org/j15/index.php/forum> 6-PACK Club
<http://www.6-pack.org/j15/index.php/forum/3-6-pack-club> Club Membership and
Club Business
<http://www.6-pack.org/j15/index.php/forum/19-club-membership-and-club-busine
ss> 2015 6-PACK Calendar - Now accepting order pledges! (Official Thread)
<http://www.6-pack.org/j15/index.php/forum/19-club-membership-and-club-busine
ss/255919-2015-6-PACK-Calendar-Now-accepting-order-pledges-Official-Thread>

Have a good evening,

Ashford Little
[email-masked]

Fidbs full text is:

Ladies & Gentlemen,

I am pleased to announce that the 2015 6-PACK Calendar can now go into the
design phase, as I have enough great photos to choose from. However, I can't
go to print until I have sufficient orders to cover the minimum order costs
(and a sponsor).

The system I had in place for the 2013 Calendar (there wasn't one in 2014   )
seemed to work well, so I'm going to use the same process.

IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT YOU FOLLOW THE PROCESS BELOW!

1. DO NOT post your pledge here.

2. Send me your order pledge to: editorAT6-PACK.org (replace the "AT" with
"@", don't forget the hyphen in "6-PACK" and it's ".org" NOT ".com").

Please submit in the following format:

SUBJECT LINE -> 2015 6-PACK Calendar pledge

IN THE MESSAGE BOX ->

Hi Fid,

Your First & Last Name,Forum Name,E-mail Address,Street Address,Apt #/Address
2 (if none then leave this blank but type in a second comma here>),Town or
City,State or Province,Zip or Postal Code,Quantity Required (type "1" or "2"
etc.),Paid Member? (type Yes or No)

[IMPORTANT: Please insert all commas exactly as shown (I suggest you copy and
paste the above into your email and then overtype each field (between the
commas).]

3. Payment will ONLY be accepted via PayPal using your credit card - YOU DON'T
NEED YOUR OWN PAYPAL ACCOUNT TO PAY THIS WAY AND IT'S VERY SIMPLE TO DO! The
price will probably be the same as 2013 - $28 for one calendar, orders for
more than 3 total, please ask for a special quote.

4. I will send YOU an invoice for payment if/when I receive sufficient pledges
(which will be around 180 to make this work out). This will arrive in your
inbox for the E-mail you provide to me in 2 above, so please make sure it is
current and active. Also, please ensure that "6-PACK.org" is in your "safe
senders" list in your E-mail browser (MS Outlook etc.).

5. SUBSCRIBE TO THIS THREAD using the check box at the bottom of this page. I
will post announcements here and ONLY here.

6. Please DO NOT post questions here, send me a PM or better still, an e-mail
to the address above and I will reply sooner (I don't monitor the forums
everyday, but I do track my e-mail).

OK, I'm sorry for all the block capitals, I'm not shouting   , it's just very
important that my time not be taken up answering questions that are already
covered above. The instructions may look complicated, but should be easy to
follow, it allows me to import you directly into my database software without
retyping everything! If you're not sure, send it to me the way you think it
should be and I'll fix any problems at my end, don't wait to submit your
pledge, as we don't have a lot of time!

Although these are only pledges right now, they will become firm orders once
the minimum number is reached, so please pledge on the basis you WILL receive
an invoice for payment. Once your payment clears through PayPal, I will ship
your calendar(s).

Last important message: THE DEADLINE FOR ORDER PLEDGES IS SUNDAY NOVEMBER 23RD
2014. This is for me to stand any chance of printing and mailing these before
Christmas/New Year.

I look forward to receiving your pledges and I thank each and every pledger in
advance for their support.

Over to you...

Fid.
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/6pack

---

From: robert fabie <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2014 08:23:28 -0500

Ashford,

I appreciate your efforts at producing a calendar for us, but for God's
sake, why are you making it so damn complicated?

Bob
1975 TR6

On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 7:45 PM, Ashford Little <[email-masked]> wrote:

> If you have any further questions then please visit the 6-Pack siteb s
> forum
> area.  The topic is:
>
> <
> http://www.6-pack.org/j15/index.php/forum/19-club-membership-and-club-busine
> <
> http://www.6-pack.org/j15/index.php/forum/19-club-membership-and-club-busine
> ss/255919-2015-6-PACK-Calendar-Now-accepting-order-pledges-Official-Thread
> >
>
> Have a good evening,
>
> Ashford Little
> [email-masked]
>
> Fidb s full text is:
>
> Ladies & Gentlemen,
>
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.96
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> [email-masked]
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/6pack/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: John Cyganowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2014 16:55:03 -0800

<snip>I appreciate your efforts at producing a calendar for us, but for God's
sake, why are you making it so damn complicated?<snip>

Even though my name is not Ashford, I will try to answer this question.

Robert-

The pledging process seems - as you have observed - complex. But ther are some reasons for this.

This effort is being run by David Fidler the 6Pack Magazine Editor.  He is a one man show. For this project alone he must:
	* receive the photo submissions
	* select the photos
	* contract with the calendar printer.
	* negotiate vendor underwriting to reduce cost to the pledge-es.

	* receive the pledges

	* manage the payments
	* chase folks that pledge and don't pay because that affects the cost

	* manage the addresses
	* manage the mailing of the calendars
	* handle complaints
So this is a lot for anyone - and he has a day job.  Fid has asked us to submit pledges for the calendar in a specific format to automate some of the process and help reduce his workload.  I don't think this is unreasonable in light of all that he is doing to produce a professional quality calendar.

If folks were to volunteer to help him then perhaps the process could be less complicated.  

I for one am grateful to have a 6Pack calendar at all.

John Cyg
70 Damson
CC52927LO

[email-masked]