Subject: [6pack] Windshield Frame and Commission Plate

From: James_ <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2014 21:37:03 +0000 FILETIME=[C6C42CA0:01D0119C]

So years ago I had a leak around my WS seal.When I went to replace the bottom
seal I noticed that the frame had some rusted spots.So I decided to simply get
a good used (excellent) WS Frame.Well, I forgot about the commission plate
(VIN).dang it.I still have the original WS, but here's my issue.I thought the
'pop rivets' were the same as the one on the door jam...meaning the metal
would be hollowand new pop rivets could attach the plate again.not so on the
stupid WS frame. (which is retarded to me...the WS frame is NOT part of the
car chassis like the door frame)I started drill off the pop rivets on the used
WS and now realize that i will have to use the original WS Frame after all.
Has anyone dealt with this?
The tab on the original frame is weak from idiot glass people or someone prior
to me bending the tab back. So that is another issue to get it reenforced so
it doesn't break off and DMV doesn't have a cow.
What a pain.
Any words of experience/wisdom/support?
cheers.
james
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/6pack