Subject: Re: [6pack] Original color of floorpans

From: alan salvatore <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2015 19:06:39 -0500

The inside of the floor pans were body color.  Bottom side was
red primer.
Al

On Mon, Feb 9, 2015 at 6:20 PM, James_ <[email-masked]> wrote:

> One more restoring question
>
> A lot of areas on my car were left primer red from the factory. (I am
> assuming
> that was the factory as it looked original and was in areas that an average
> owner would never get access to)
> So I need to have new floor pans installed. I was looking at coating with
> POR
> 15 and see they offer a product called Hardnose. It comes in many colors. I
> would possibly use another POR15 or primer underneath this Hardnose paint
> product.
> Question:
> Were the floor pans dark red 'primer' or something else? And what do others
> recommend I coat them with?
>
> Cheers
>
> James
> _______________________________________________
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.96
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> [email-masked]
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/6pack
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/6pack/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/6pack

---

From: "Robert M. Lang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2015 07:43:50 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

I've seen mention that the primer was not always red. First, the bodies 
were dipped in paint as part of the process. That's why the primer color 
is visible in hard to reach nooks and crannies. But the anecdotal 
reference is that toward the end of the week (e.g. FRI afternoon), the 
paint shop dumped any paint that was leftover for the week into the 
dipping tank.

I've never seen anything but that primer red, but different shades are 
def. possible.

But if you're installing new floor pans, try to leave the e-coat as intact 
as possible and then scuff it and paint as explaind - body color on the 
interior and if you're going for concours, you might try to duplicate the 
primer color on the bottom sides.

Regards,
rml
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bob Lang              Triumph TR6!!            |  This space for rent
Former NER Solo Chair                          |
Voice:617-253-7438                             |  Cell: 339-927-4489
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]

---

From: im sloane <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2015 16:16:12 +0000

Is it just me, but does the fact that the factory decided to only paint the
bottom (outside in the weather) of the floor pans with primer have a direct
connection to why we're all experienced with replacing the same panels? It's a
good thing these cars are all so cute, or we wouldn't even be bothering
discussing them 40+ years later.
Wow,Sloane :-)69-Six72-Spit

[email-masked]

---

From: Ashford Little <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2015 11:31:49 -0500

LOL, perhaps.

Ashford Little
[email-masked]

> On Feb 11, 2015, at 11:16 AM, im sloane <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/6pack/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]

---

From: James_ <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2015 09:34:19 -0800

You crack me up. So true. 
Heck, I was recently tempted to buy a GT6 (always loved those) but decided one triumph is enough for my OCD tendencies. Lol. 

bSent from my Atari 2600b

> On Feb 11, 2015, at 8:16 AM, "im sloane" <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/6pack/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: Bud R <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2015 11:21:36 -0700

Since the subject came up Ill offer up a set of British Motor Heritage floor
plans I have for sale. Got them for a project that I traded for my RV so I
dont need them any longer.

And they are painted on both top and bottom.

Google them and make me a reasonable offer. You only have to pay shipping from
Denver not the UK.

Thanks
Bud Rolofson

Extreme Parts Racing (more than just a haircut)

71TR6 CC57365 (Good 6)
71 Spitfire MK IV Race Car #3
69 Spitfire MK III (back up FE engine/dinghy car)
93 Minnie Winnie Race Support Vehicle
77 Z-50A Hardly Davidson Honda Mini-Trail Bike (Triumph Pit Bike)

>> primer color on the bottom sides.
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/6pack/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]