Subject: Re: [6pack] Painting Tires/ Link how to do it.

From: "Jason M. Owen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2015 14:57:44 -0500

http://www.classicalpontiac.com/restoration/8.html

there is the  link instructions are pretty detailed

Jason M. Owen

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Murphy <[email-masked]>
To: 6pack <[email-masked]>; jattr6 <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wed, Feb 11, 2015 1:42 pm
Subject: Re: [6pack] Painting Tires

I tried doing this 45 years ago on my mother's Dodge Dart GT. I found it
was painstaking work and difficult to be neat and I had to put on more than
one coat of the red to cover the up the black. And the red still wasn't as
bright as I should have been.
By the time I was midway through the 2nd coat on the first tire, I had made
such a mess that I never completed all 4.
This looks like it might be the same stuff:
.https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=tire+paint+pen+red

I remember they also had white for lettering your tires. I expect that because
of the raised borders on each letter, that that would be even more difficult
than doing simple red lines.  I think the paint may be OK for touch ups but
almost impossible to get original looking results.

Coker sell redline tires:
https://www.cokertire.com/185r15-coker-classic-3-8-redline.html?utm_source=go
ogle_shopping&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=%7Bkeyword%7D&utm_content=57986&gclid=C
jwKEAiAmOymBRD0_evS4aTh2hUSJAB7FkhyEMWVpDOX7tjOBacl-O-634GJ-HSOBwGNPb2-4kUFHx
oCLSbw_wcB

-Dave Murphy '76 Triumph
Dearborn MI
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/6pack

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/6pack