Subject: Re: [6pack] engine surge

From: J B <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2015 05:27:14 +0000 (UTC)

Have you checked the coil or the coil wire? My car was having an on and off
surge that turned out to be a bad coil. Have you checked the cap and rotor?
Good luck,
JB,74 TR6

     On Thursday, March 19, 2015 8:06 AM, dave n <[email-masked]> wrote:

 thatbs the best way to describe it b the engine will surge on and off just
100 rpm or so, mostly at 3500+ rpm, except it seems to idle at a lower rpm
and
more roughly than usual.

and its inconsistent.B  drove probably 60+ miles no issue at all.B  but on
the
return trip had this issue.B  thought it was bad gas so stopped and added
maybe
1/3 tank plus two bottles of injector cleaner.

Ibm still thinking it might be bad gas, but Ibm also thinking of replacing
the spark plugs and maybe the fuel pump.

car is a 72 TR6, no emission equipment, triple carbs, mild cam, etc., running
close to 11 to 1 compression.B  itB  has been running well, although I have
seen
this issue once or twice in the past few months, but just for a minute here
and there.
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/6pack

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/6pack/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/6pack