Subject: [6pack] A couple of dozen

From: Mark J Bradakis via 6pack <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2015 18:35:06 -0600

April, 1991. Mariah Carey and Whitney Houston had top hits. The Soviet Union is crumbling.
The Gulf War begins. And on the 11th the domain Team.Net is registered.

Happy birthday to us, 24 years and still kicking. Formed out of the Usenet rec.autos tree,
it started with just 2 lists, autox and british-cars. It became large enough and busy enough
that the officials at the U noticed that a large amount of network traffic was coming from one
certain machine in my office. That is what prompted the move to a private server, which has been
in my basement for many years. Well, we are NOT running on the same server from back then, which I
recall was one of the first 120 Megahertz systems in the valley outside of universities. With the
CS departments work with Hewlett-Packard, I had a connection.

A lot has changed over the years, folks have come and gone, some have been hanging out here for
decades. We've lost a few good ones, but many of us have found lasting friendships from list
communications. Back in the early days there wasn't much besides Team.Net. I think the 1997
SCCA Solo II nationals had something like 60% of the entrants being autox list subscribers.
Those were the days.

But still here, still providing a valuable service to those who use it.  Thanks to all of us
for making Team.Net what it is.

Happy Birthday.

mjb.

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/6pack

---

From: Timbo00001--- via 6pack <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2015 23:03:34 -0400

--===============1280930149693590478==

--part1_93614.3d743a5b.425b3a86_boundary
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Pretty weird.

In a message dated 4/11/2015 8:59:42 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,  
[email-masked] writes:

April,  1991. Mariah Carey and Whitney Houston had top hits. The Soviet 
Union is  crumbling.
The Gulf War begins. And on the 11th the domain Team.Net is  registered.

Happy birthday to us, 24 years and still kicking. Formed  out of the Usenet 
rec.autos tree,
it started with just 2 lists, autox and  british-cars. It became large 
enough and busy enough
that the officials at  the U noticed that a large amount of network traffic 
was coming from  one
certain machine in my office. That is what prompted the move to a  private 
server, which has been
in my basement for many years. Well, we are  NOT running on the same server 
from back then, which I
recall was one of  the first 120 Megahertz systems in the valley outside of 
universities. With  the
CS departments work with Hewlett-Packard, I had a connection.

A  lot has changed over the years, folks have come and gone, some have been 
 hanging out here for
decades. We've lost a few good ones, but many of us  have found lasting 
friendships from list
communications. Back in the early  days there wasn't much besides Team.Net. 
I think the 1997
SCCA Solo II  nationals had something like 60% of the entrants being autox 
list  subscribers.
Those were the days.

But still here, still providing a  valuable service to those who use it.  
Thanks to all of us
for making  Team.Net what it is.

Happy  Birthday.

mjb.

_______________________________________________
Support  Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums:  http://www.team.net/forums

[email-masked]

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/6pack/[email-masked]

--part1_93614.3d743a5b.425b3a86_boundary
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"text/html; charset=3DUS-ASCII" http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 11.00.9600.17690"></HEAD>
<BODY id=3Drole_body style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR:=
 #000000"=20
bottomMargin=3D7 leftMargin=3D7 rightMargin=3D7 topMargin=3D7><FONT id=3Dr=
ole_document=20
color=3D#000000 size=3D2 face=3DArial>
<DIV>Pretty weird.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV>In a message dated 4/11/2015 8:59:42 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,=20
[email-masked] writes:</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
style=3D"PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: blue 2px solid"=
><FONT=20
  style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" color=3D#000000 size=3D2 face=3D=
Arial>April,=20
  1991. Mariah Carey and Whitney Houston had top hits. The Soviet Union is=
=20
  crumbling.<BR>The Gulf War begins. And on the 11th the domain Team.Net=
 is=20
  registered.<BR><BR>Happy birthday to us, 24 years and still kicking. For=
med=20
  out of the Usenet rec.autos tree,<BR>it started with just 2 lists, autox=
 and=20
  british-cars. It became large enough and busy enough<BR>that the officia=
ls at=20
  the U noticed that a large amount of network traffic was coming from=20
  one<BR>certain machine in my office. That is what prompted the move to=
 a=20
  private server, which has been<BR>in my basement for many years. Well,=
 we are=20
  NOT running on the same server from back then, which I<BR>recall was one=
 of=20
  the first 120 Megahertz systems in the valley outside of universities.=
 With=20
  the<BR>CS departments work with Hewlett-Packard, I had a connection.<BR>=
<BR>A=20
  lot has changed over the years, folks have come and gone, some have been=
=20
  hanging out here for<BR>decades. We've lost a few good ones, but many of=
 us=20
  have found lasting friendships from list<BR>communications. Back in the=
 early=20
  days there wasn't much besides Team.Net. I think the 1997<BR>SCCA Solo=
 II=20
  nationals had something like 60% of the entrants being autox list=20
  subscribers.<BR>Those were the days.<BR><BR>But still here, still provid=
ing a=20
  valuable service to those who use it.&nbsp; Thanks to all of us<BR>for=
 making=20
  Team.Net what it is.<BR><BR>Happy=20
  Birthday.<BR><BR>mjb.<BR><BR>___________________________________________=
____<BR>Support=20
  Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html<BR>Suggested annual donation&nb=
sp;=20
  $12.96<BR>Archive: http://www.team.net/archive<BR>Forums:=20
  http://www.team.net/forums<BR><BR>[email-masked]<BR>http://autox.t=
eam.net/mailman/listinfo/6pack<BR><BR>Unsubscribe/Manage:=20
  http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/6pack/[email-masked]<BR><BR></=
FONT></BLOCKQUOTE></DIV></FONT></BODY></HTML>
--part1_93614.3d743a5b.425b3a86_boundary--

--===============1280930149693590478==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============1280930149693590478==--

---

From: Larry Young via 6pack <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2015 18:44:05 -0500

Mark, we are all in your debt.  I've only been a list member for about 
14 years, but I remember finding the long vendor discussion list long 
before that.  Thanks for doing this.
  - Larry

On 4/11/2015 7:35 PM, Mark J Bradakis via 6pack wrote:

[email-masked]