Subject: [6pack] overdrive

From: dave n via 6pack <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 May 2015 18:24:11 -0500

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--===============0205830989639281684==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0025_01D0932A.2AF89CB0"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0025_01D0932A.2AF89CB0
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

72 tr6, overdrive tran.

seems to always be engaged except when I disconnect the solenoid, =
specifically the one to the column switch.

the column switch also has an additional lead that goes to a light on =
the dashboard that indicates the OD is engaged.

except for that small modification, which btw is easily disconnected, =
the car is wired, I believe, as per the 70-71 wiring diagram (not =
factory)

it was working just fine a couple weeks ago; we put about 700 miles on =
it over a long weekend.

the following week I cleaned the car, including the engine compartment, =
and accidentally pulled the above mentioned lead from the solenoid.  =
drove it after that day, no overdrive, no light on dash.

found the loose wire, and now the overdrive seems to be always on.  a =
few seconds after I shift into second, the car drops rev=E2=80=99s just =
like it is going into overdrive.  third and fourth feel like they are in =
overdrive, but that=E2=80=99s just a feel.

when I hit the switch, the light goes on but nothing else changes.  back =
up and the light goes off, nothing else changes.

short of pulling the tunnel, any thoughts on how I should proceed?  my =
friend thinks it=E2=80=99s the switch, but wouldn=E2=80=99t that affect =
the light as well?

thanks for your time and responses.

dave in dallas
------=_NextPart_000_0025_01D0932A.2AF89CB0
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<HTML><HEAD></HEAD>
<BODY dir=3Dltr>
<DIV dir=3Dltr>
<DIV style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Calibri'; COLOR: #000000">
<DIV>72 tr6, overdrive tran.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>seems to always be engaged except when I disconnect the solenoid,=20
specifically the one to the column switch.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>the column switch also has an additional lead that goes to a light =
on the=20
dashboard that indicates the OD is engaged.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>except for that small modification, which btw is easily =
disconnected, the=20
car is wired, I believe, as per the 70-71 wiring diagram (not =
factory)</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>it was working just fine a couple weeks ago; we put about 700 miles =
on it=20
over a long weekend.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>the following week I cleaned the car, including the engine =
compartment, and=20
accidentally pulled the above mentioned lead from the solenoid.&nbsp; =
drove it=20
after that day, no overdrive, no light on dash.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>found the loose wire, and now the overdrive seems to be always =
on.&nbsp; a=20
few seconds after I shift into second, the car drops rev=E2=80=99s just =
like it is going=20
into overdrive.&nbsp; third and fourth feel like they are in overdrive, =
but=20
that=E2=80=99s just a feel.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>when I hit the switch, the light goes on but nothing else =
changes.&nbsp;=20
back up and the light goes off, nothing else changes.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>short of pulling the tunnel, any thoughts on how I should =
proceed?&nbsp; my=20
friend thinks it=E2=80=99s the switch, but wouldn=E2=80=99t that affect =
the light as well?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>thanks for your time and responses.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>dave in dallas</DIV></DIV></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0025_01D0932A.2AF89CB0--

--===============0205830989639281684==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/6pack

--===============0205830989639281684==--