Subject: [6pack] brake fluid

From: COLIN THOM via 6pack <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 May 2015 19:58:26 -0600 (MDT)

--===============3941468002213953040==
	boundary="----=_Part_79261775_329449766.1431568706454"

------=_Part_79261775_329449766.1431568706454
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

I've switched fluid from DOT 3 to DOT 5 and never had a problem. 

----- Original Message -----

From: [email-masked] 
To: [email-masked] 
Sent: Wednesday, May 13, 2015 2:36:07 PM 
Subject: 6pack Digest, Vol 10, Issue 6 

Send 6pack mailing list submissions to 
[email-masked] 

To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit 
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/6pack 
or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to 
[email-masked] 

You can reach the person managing the list at 
[email-masked] 

When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific 
than "Re: Contents of 6pack digest..." 

Today's Topics: 

1. Re: .75 bore clutch? (Ashford Little) 
2. Re: .75 bore clutch? (alan salvatore) 
3. Re: .75 bore clutch? (Dale) 

---------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Message: 1 
Date: Wed, 13 May 2015 16:00:54 -0400 
From: Ashford Little <[email-masked]> 
To: James_ <[email-masked]> 
Cc: 6 Pack <[email-masked]> 
Subject: Re: [6pack] .75 bore clutch? 

I flushed my system ten years ago for both clutch and brakes. No issues. 

Sent from my iPhone 

> On May 13, 2015, at 3:46 PM, James_ via 6pack <[email-masked]> wrote: 
> 
> Thanks Jim. 
> I guess the brake master cylinder was the one I heard I really need to buy new. Good to know you clutch cylinder has been fine. I wonder if the brakes would hold up as well with the new fluid. 
> 
> 
> ?Sent from my Atari 2600? 
> 
>> On May 13, 2015, at 12:43 PM, "Jim Jones" <[email-masked]> wrote: 
>> 
>> For what it's worth, I went straight from DOT 3 to silicone. I replaced the master cylinder because it was old, but I kept the slave. Flushed it all out with silicone fluid and never had a problem in the following three years I owned the car. I would stay with the .70 clutch. There was a reason it was changed, but for the life of me I cannot remember. My '72 had the .75 bore part. The effort seemed okay but I didn't care much for the long throw. 
>> 
>> Jim Jones 
>> (573) 635-3557 
>> Jones Beltone Hearing and Audiology 
>> 1431 Southwest Blvd. Suite 1 
>> Jefferson City, MO 65109 
>> www.jonesbeltone.com 
>> 
>> From: James_ via 6pack <[email-masked]> 
>> To: 6 Pack <[email-masked]> 
>> Sent: Wednesday, May 13, 2015 2:37 PM 
>> Subject: [6pack] .75 bore clutch? 
>> 
>> I am planning on switching my brake fluid to silicone based. Which means I can't use my master or clutch cylinders and need to buy new ones. (Heard the seals will go bad when switching fluid types). 
>> I have a 1976 model that uses a .70 bore clutch slave but see there is a .75 bore. Is it better? How does it change the clutch pedal feeling? Maybe a longer pedal throw? 
>> Advice? 
>> 
>> James 
>> 
>> 
>> ?Sent from my Atari 2600? 
>> _______________________________________________ 
>> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html 
>> Suggested annual donation $12.96 
>> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive 
>> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums 
>> 
>> [email-masked] 
>> http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/6pack 
>> 
>> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/6pack/[email-masked] 
>> 
>> 
>> 
> _______________________________________________ 
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html 
> Suggested annual donation $12.96 
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive 
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums 
> 
> [email-masked] 
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/6pack 
> 
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/6pack/[email-masked] 
> 
-------------- next part -------------- 
An HTML attachment was scrubbed... 
URL: <http://autox.team.net/pipermail/6pack/attachments/20150513/34f257a2/attachment-0001.html> 

------------------------------ 

Message: 2 
Date: Wed, 13 May 2015 17:16:26 -0400 
From: alan salvatore <[email-masked]> 
To: [email-masked] 
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked] 
Subject: Re: [6pack] .75 bore clutch? 
<CAAAEehTTR0oS7g4fLSwndsimSBLRLAfPAv=[email-masked]> 

Worn out slave cylinder causes clutch release problems. 
Worn clutch fork also. Not the master cylinder being .70. 
I would stick with the.70 mc. Unless you like a heavy clutch. 

Al 
On May 13, 2015 4:06 PM, "Btp44--- via 6pack" <[email-masked]> wrote: 
> 
> The reduction of the master cyl. bore dia. was to reduce pedal effort. 
Which it did, but also reduces the stroke of the slave cyl, which can cause 
clutch release problems if there is wear in the pivot points of the linkage. 
> Berry 
> 
> In a message dated 5/13/2015 12:52:16 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, 
[email-masked] writes: 
>> 
>> Thanks Jim. 
>> I guess the brake master cylinder was the one I heard I really need to 
buy new. Good to know you clutch cylinder has been fine. I wonder if the 
brakes would hold up as well with the new fluid. 
>> 
>> 
>> ?Sent from my Atari 2600? 
>> 
>> On May 13, 2015, at 12:43 PM, "Jim Jones" <[email-masked]> wrote: 
>> 
>>> For what it's worth, I went straight from DOT 3 to silicone. I replaced 
the master cylinder because it was old, but I kept the slave. Flushed it 
all out with silicone fluid and never had a problem in the following three 
years I owned the car. I would stay with the .70 clutch. There was a reason 
it was changed, but for the life of me I cannot remember. My '72 had the 
.75 bore part. The effort seemed okay but I didn't care much for the long 
throw. 
>>> 
>>> Jim Jones 
>>> (573) 635-3557 
>>> Jones Beltone Hearing and Audiology 
>>> 1431 Southwest Blvd. Suite 1 
>>> Jefferson City, MO 65109 
>>> www.jonesbeltone.com 
>>> 
>>> ________________________________ 
>>> From: James_ via 6pack <[email-masked]> 
>>> To: 6 Pack <[email-masked]> 
>>> Sent: Wednesday, May 13, 2015 2:37 PM 
>>> Subject: [6pack] .75 bore clutch? 
>>> 
>>> I am planning on switching my brake fluid to silicone based. Which 
means I can't use my master or clutch cylinders and need to buy new ones. 
(Heard the seals will go bad when switching fluid types). 
>>> I have a 1976 model that uses a .70 bore clutch slave but see there is 
a .75 bore. Is it better? How does it change the clutch pedal feeling? 
Maybe a longer pedal throw? 
>>> Advice? 
>>> 
>>> James 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> ?Sent from my Atari 2600? 
>>> _______________________________________________ 
>>> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html 
>>> Suggested annual donation $12.96 
>>> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive 
>>> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums 
>>> 
>>> [email-masked] 
>>> http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/6pack 
>>> 
>>> Unsubscribe/Manage: 
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/6pack/[email-masked] 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>> 
>> 
>> _______________________________________________ 
>> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html 
>> Suggested annual donation $12.96 
>> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive 
>> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums 
>> 
>> [email-masked] 
>> http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/6pack 
>> 
>> Unsubscribe/Manage: 
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/6pack/[email-masked] 
>> 
> 
> _______________________________________________ 
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html 
> Suggested annual donation $12.96 
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive 
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums 
> 
> [email-masked] 
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/6pack 
> 
> Unsubscribe/Manage: 
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/6pack/[email-masked] 
-------------- next part -------------- 
An HTML attachment was scrubbed... 
URL: <http://autox.team.net/pipermail/6pack/attachments/20150513/8a442c51/attachment-0001.html> 

------------------------------ 

Message: 3 
Date: Wed, 13 May 2015 21:42:16 +0000 (UTC) 
From: Dale <[email-masked]> 
To: Ashford Little <[email-masked]>, James_ <[email-masked]> 
Cc: 6 Pack <[email-masked]> 
Subject: Re: [6pack] .75 bore clutch? 
<[email-masked]> 

All 
The answer to why it was changed is women. They complained that the clutch felt to heavy. Did not like to have a big left leg muscle. How times have changed with all the women going to the gym? to build up muscles now. 
On the subject, I am going back to dot 3-4 from silicone. Attracted to much water in the system after 6 mos making the clutch not fully disengaging. 

Dale 
From: Ashford Little via 6pack <[email-masked]> 
To: James_ <[email-masked]> 
Cc: 6 Pack <[email-masked]> 
Sent: Wednesday, May 13, 2015 4:00 PM 
Subject: Re: [6pack] .75 bore clutch? 

I flushed my system ten years ago for both clutch and brakes. No issues.? 

Sent from my iPhone 

On May 13, 2015, at 3:46 PM, James_ via 6pack <[email-masked]> wrote: 

Thanks Jim.?I guess the brake master cylinder was the one I heard I really need to buy new. Good to know you clutch cylinder has been fine. I wonder if the brakes would hold up as well with the new fluid.? 

?Sent from my Atari 2600? 
On May 13, 2015, at 12:43 PM, "Jim Jones" <[email-masked]> wrote: 

For what it's worth, I went straight from DOT 3 to silicone. I replaced the master cylinder because it was old, but I kept the slave. Flushed it all out with silicone fluid and never had a problem in the following three years I owned the car. I would stay with the .70 clutch. There was a reason it was changed, but for the life of me I cannot remember. My '72 had the .75 bore part. The effort seemed okay but I didn't care much for the long throw. 
?Jim Jones 
(573) 635-3557 
Jones Beltone Hearing and Audiology 
1431 Southwest Blvd. Suite 1 
Jefferson City, MO 65109 
www.jonesbeltone.com 

From: James_ via 6pack <[email-masked]> 
To: 6 Pack <[email-masked]> 
Sent: Wednesday, May 13, 2015 2:37 PM 
Subject: [6pack] .75 bore clutch? 

I am planning on switching my brake fluid to silicone based. Which means I can't use my master or clutch cylinders and need to buy new ones. (Heard the seals will go bad when switching fluid types). 
I have a 1976 model that uses a .70 bore clutch slave but see there is a .75 bore. Is it better? How does it change the clutch pedal feeling? Maybe a longer pedal throw? 
Advice? 

James 

?Sent from my Atari 2600? 
_______________________________________________ 
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive 

[email-masked] 
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/6pack 

_______________________________________________ 
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive 

[email-masked] 
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/6pack 

_______________________________________________ 
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive 

[email-masked] 
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/6pack 

-------------- next part -------------- 
An HTML attachment was scrubbed... 
URL: <http://autox.team.net/pipermail/6pack/attachments/20150513/9e06e56a/attachment.html> 

------------------------------ 

Subject: Digest Footer 

_______________________________________________ 
6pack mailing list 
[email-masked] 
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/6pack 

------------------------------ 

End of 6pack Digest, Vol 10, Issue 6 
************************************ 

------=_Part_79261775_329449766.1431568706454
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html><head><style type=3D'text/css'>p { margin: 0; }</style></head><body><=
div style=3D'font-family: arial,helvetica,sans-serif; font-size: 10pt; colo=
r: #000000'>I've switched fluid from DOT 3 to DOT 5 and never had a problem=
.<br><br><hr id=3D"zwchr"><div style=3D"color:#000;font-weight:normal;font-=
style:normal;text-decoration:none;font-family:Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif;fo=
nt-size:12pt;"><b>From: </b>[email-masked]<br><b>To: </b>6pac=
[email-masked]<br><b>Sent: </b>Wednesday, May 13, 2015 2:36:07 PM<br><b>S=
ubject: </b>6pack Digest, Vol 10, Issue 6<br><br>Send 6pack mailing list su=
bmissions to<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;6pack@autox=
.team.net<br><br>To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit<=
br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;http://autox.team.net/ma=
ilman/listinfo/6pack<br>or, via email, send a message with subject or body =
'help' to<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;6pack-request@=
autox.team.net<br><br>You can reach the person managing the list at<br>&nbs=
p;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;[email-masked]<br><=
br>When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific<br>t=
han "Re: Contents of 6pack digest..."<br><br><br>Today's Topics:<br><br>&nb=
sp;&nbsp; 1. Re: .75 bore clutch? (Ashford Little)<br>&nbsp;&nbsp; 2. Re: .=
75 bore clutch? (alan salvatore)<br>&nbsp;&nbsp; 3. Re: .75 bore clutch? (D=
ale)<br><br><br>-----------------------------------------------------------=
-----------<br><br>Message: 1<br>Date: Wed, 13 May 2015 16:00:54 -0400<br>F=
rom: Ashford Little &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>To: James_ &lt;jattr6@hotm=
ail.com&gt;<br>Cc: 6 Pack &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>Subject: Re: [6pa=
ck] .75 bore clutch?<br>Message-ID: &lt;E5FEAD04-C67B-4867-820E-34B76B66C4A=
[email-masked]&gt;<br>Content-Type: text/plain; charset=3D"utf-8"<br><br>I flush=
ed my system ten years ago for both clutch and brakes. No issues. <br><br>S=
ent from my iPhone<br><br>&gt; On May 13, 2015, at 3:46 PM, James_ via 6pac=
k &lt;[email-masked]&gt; wrote:<br>&gt; <br>&gt; Thanks Jim. <br>&gt;=
 I guess the brake master cylinder was the one I heard I really need to buy=
 new. Good to know you clutch cylinder has been fine. I wonder if the brake=
s would hold up as well with the new fluid. <br>&gt; <br>&gt; <br>&gt; ?Sen=
t from my Atari 2600?<br>&gt; <br>&gt;&gt; On May 13, 2015, at 12:43 PM, "J=
im Jones" &lt;[email-masked]&gt; wrote:<br>&gt;&gt; <br>&gt;&gt; For wha=
t it's worth, I went straight from DOT 3 to silicone. I replaced the master=
 cylinder because it was old, but I kept the slave. Flushed it all out with=
 silicone fluid and never had a problem in the following three years I owne=
d the car. I would stay with the .70 clutch. There was a reason it was chan=
ged, but for the life of me I cannot remember. My '72 had the .75 bore part=
. The effort seemed okay but I didn't care much for the long throw.<br>&gt;=
&gt; &nbsp;<br>&gt;&gt; Jim Jones <br>&gt;&gt; (573) 635-3557 <br>&gt;&gt; =
Jones Beltone Hearing and Audiology <br>&gt;&gt; 1431 Southwest Blvd. Suite=
 1 <br>&gt;&gt; Jefferson City, MO 65109 <br>&gt;&gt; www.jonesbeltone.com =
<br>&gt;&gt; <br>&gt;&gt; From: James_ via 6pack &lt;[email-masked]&g=
t;<br>&gt;&gt; To: 6 Pack &lt;[email-masked]&gt; <br>&gt;&gt; Sent: W=
ednesday, May 13, 2015 2:37 PM<br>&gt;&gt; Subject: [6pack] .75 bore clutch=
?<br>&gt;&gt; <br>&gt;&gt; I am planning on switching my brake fluid to sil=
icone based. Which means I can't use my master or clutch cylinders and need=
 to buy new ones. (Heard the seals will go bad when switching fluid types).=
 <br>&gt;&gt; I have a 1976 model that uses a .70 bore clutch slave but see=
 there is a .75 bore. Is it better? How does it change the clutch pedal fee=
ling? Maybe a longer pedal throw?<br>&gt;&gt; Advice?<br>&gt;&gt; <br>&gt;&=
gt; James<br>&gt;&gt; <br>&gt;&gt; <br>&gt;&gt; ?Sent from my Atari 2600?<b=
r>&gt;&gt; _______________________________________________<br>&gt;&gt; Supp=
ort Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html<br>&gt;&gt; Suggested annual d=
onation &nbsp;$12.96<br>&gt;&gt; Archive: http://www.team.net/archive<br>&g=
t;&gt; Forums: http://www.team.net/forums<br>&gt;&gt; <br>&gt;&gt; 6pack@au=
tox.team.net<br>&gt;&gt; http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/6pack<br>&g=
t;&gt; <br>&gt;&gt; Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/optio=
ns/6pack/[email-masked]<br>&gt;&gt; <br>&gt;&gt; <br>&gt;&gt; <br>&gt; _=
______________________________________________<br>&gt; Support Team.Net htt=
p://www.team.net/donate.html<br>&gt; Suggested annual donation &nbsp;$12.96=
<br>&gt; Archive: http://www.team.net/archive<br>&gt; Forums: http://www.te=
am.net/forums<br>&gt; <br>&gt; [email-masked]<br>&gt; http://autox.te=
am.net/mailman/listinfo/6pack<br>&gt; <br>&gt; Unsubscribe/Manage: http://a=
utox.team.net/mailman/options/6pack/[email-masked]<br>&gt; <br>---------=
----- next part --------------<br>An HTML attachment was scrubbed...<br>URL=
: &lt;http://autox.team.net/pipermail/6pack/attachments/20150513/34f257a2/a=
ttachment-0001.html&gt;<br><br>------------------------------<br><br>Messag=
e: 2<br>Date: Wed, 13 May 2015 17:16:26 -0400<br>From: alan salvatore &lt;a=
[email-masked]&gt;<br>To: [email-masked]<br>Cc: [email-masked], Em=
[email-masked]<br>Subject: Re: [6pack] .75 bore clutch?<br>Message-ID:=
<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&lt;CAAAEehTTR0oS7g4fLS=
wndsimSBLRLAfPAv=[email-masked]&gt;<br>Content-Type: text=
/plain; charset=3D"utf-8"<br><br>Worn out slave cylinder causes clutch rele=
ase problems.<br>Worn clutch fork also. &nbsp;Not the master cylinder being=
 .70.<br>I would stick with the.70 mc. Unless you like a heavy clutch.<br><=
br>Al<br>On May 13, 2015 4:06 PM, "Btp44--- via 6pack" &lt;[email-masked]=
.net&gt; wrote:<br>&gt;<br>&gt; The reduction of the master cyl. bore dia. =
was to reduce pedal effort.<br>Which it did, but also reduces the stroke of=
 the slave cyl, which can cause<br>clutch release problems if there is wear=
 in the pivot points of the linkage.<br>&gt; Berry<br>&gt;<br>&gt; In a mes=
sage dated 5/13/2015 12:52:16 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,<br>[email-masked]=
am.net writes:<br>&gt;&gt;<br>&gt;&gt; Thanks Jim.<br>&gt;&gt; I guess the =
brake master cylinder was the one I heard I really need to<br>buy new. Good=
 to know you clutch cylinder has been fine. I wonder if the<br>brakes would=
 hold up as well with the new fluid.<br>&gt;&gt;<br>&gt;&gt;<br>&gt;&gt; ?S=
ent from my Atari 2600?<br>&gt;&gt;<br>&gt;&gt; On May 13, 2015, at 12:43 P=
M, "Jim Jones" &lt;[email-masked]&gt; wrote:<br>&gt;&gt;<br>&gt;&gt;&gt;=
 For what it's worth, I went straight from DOT 3 to silicone. I replaced<br=
>the master cylinder because it was old, but I kept the slave. Flushed it<b=
r>all out with silicone fluid and never had a problem in the following thre=
e<br>years I owned the car. I would stay with the .70 clutch. There was a r=
eason<br>it was changed, but for the life of me I cannot remember. My '72 h=
ad the<br>.75 bore part. The effort seemed okay but I didn't care much for =
the long<br>throw.<br>&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>&gt;&gt;&gt; Jim Jones<br>&gt;&gt;&gt=
; (573) 635-3557<br>&gt;&gt;&gt; Jones Beltone Hearing and Audiology<br>&gt=
;&gt;&gt; 1431 Southwest Blvd. Suite 1<br>&gt;&gt;&gt; Jefferson City, MO 6=
5109<br>&gt;&gt;&gt; www.jonesbeltone.com<br>&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>&gt;&gt;&gt; _=
_______________________________<br>&gt;&gt;&gt; From: James_ via 6pack &lt;=
[email-masked]&gt;<br>&gt;&gt;&gt; To: 6 Pack &lt;[email-masked]=
t&gt;<br>&gt;&gt;&gt; Sent: Wednesday, May 13, 2015 2:37 PM<br>&gt;&gt;&gt;=
 Subject: [6pack] .75 bore clutch?<br>&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>&gt;&gt;&gt; I am pla=
nning on switching my brake fluid to silicone based. Which<br>means I can't=
 use my master or clutch cylinders and need to buy new ones.<br>(Heard the =
seals will go bad when switching fluid types).<br>&gt;&gt;&gt; I have a 197=
6 model that uses a .70 bore clutch slave but see there is<br>a .75 bore. I=
s it better? How does it change the clutch pedal feeling?<br>Maybe a longer=
 pedal throw?<br>&gt;&gt;&gt; Advice?<br>&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>&gt;&gt;&gt; James=
<br>&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>&gt;&gt;&gt; ?Sent from my Atari 2600?<=
br>&gt;&gt;&gt; _______________________________________________<br>&gt;&gt;=
&gt; Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html<br>&gt;&gt;&gt; Sugge=
sted annual donation &nbsp;$12.96<br>&gt;&gt;&gt; Archive: http://www.team.=
net/archive<br>&gt;&gt;&gt; Forums: http://www.team.net/forums<br>&gt;&gt;&=
gt;<br>&gt;&gt;&gt; [email-masked]<br>&gt;&gt;&gt; http://autox.team.=
net/mailman/listinfo/6pack<br>&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>&gt;&gt;&gt; Unsubscribe/Mana=
ge:<br>http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/6pack/[email-masked]<br>&gt=
;&gt;&gt;<br>&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>&gt;&gt;<br>&gt;&gt;<br>&gt;&g=
t; _______________________________________________<br>&gt;&gt; Support Team=
.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html<br>&gt;&gt; Suggested annual donation =
&nbsp;$12.96<br>&gt;&gt; Archive: http://www.team.net/archive<br>&gt;&gt; F=
orums: http://www.team.net/forums<br>&gt;&gt;<br>&gt;&gt; [email-masked].=
net<br>&gt;&gt; http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/6pack<br>&gt;&gt;<br=
>&gt;&gt; Unsubscribe/Manage:<br>http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/6pac=
k/[email-masked]<br>&gt;&gt;<br>&gt;<br>&gt; _______________________________=
________________<br>&gt; Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html<b=
r>&gt; Suggested annual donation &nbsp;$12.96<br>&gt; Archive: http://www.t=
eam.net/archive<br>&gt; Forums: http://www.team.net/forums<br>&gt;<br>&gt; =
[email-masked]<br>&gt; http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/6pack<b=
r>&gt;<br>&gt; Unsubscribe/Manage:<br>http://autox.team.net/mailman/options=
/6pack/[email-masked]<br>&gt;<br>&gt;<br>-------------- next part ----=
----------<br>An HTML attachment was scrubbed...<br>URL: &lt;http://autox.t=
eam.net/pipermail/6pack/attachments/20150513/8a442c51/attachment-0001.html&=
gt;<br><br>------------------------------<br><br>Message: 3<br>Date: Wed, 1=
3 May 2015 21:42:16 +0000 (UTC)<br>From: Dale &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br=
>To: Ashford Little &lt;[email-masked]&gt;, James_ &lt;[email-masked]=
m&gt;<br>Cc: 6 Pack &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>Subject: Re: [6pack] .7=
5 bore clutch?<br>Message-ID:<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=
&nbsp;&lt;[email-masked]&gt=
;<br>Content-Type: text/plain; charset=3D"utf-8"<br><br>All<br>The answer t=
o why it was changed is women. They complained that the clutch felt to heav=
y. Did not like to have a big left leg muscle. How times have changed with =
all the women going to the gym? to build up muscles now.<br>On the subject,=
 I am going back to dot 3-4 from silicone. Attracted to much water in the s=
ystem after 6 mos making the clutch not fully disengaging. <br><br>Dale<br>=
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;From: Ashford Little via 6pack &lt;[email-masked]=
am.net&gt;<br>&nbsp;To: James_ &lt;[email-masked]&gt; <br>Cc: 6 Pack &l=
t;[email-masked]&gt; <br>&nbsp;Sent: Wednesday, May 13, 2015 4:00 PM<=
br>&nbsp;Subject: Re: [6pack] .75 bore clutch?<br>&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>I flushe=
d my system ten years ago for both clutch and brakes. No issues.?<br><br>Se=
nt from my iPhone<br><br><br>On May 13, 2015, at 3:46 PM, James_ via 6pack =
&lt;[email-masked]&gt; wrote:<br><br><br><br>Thanks Jim.?I guess the =
brake master cylinder was the one I heard I really need to buy new. Good to=
 know you clutch cylinder has been fine. I wonder if the brakes would hold =
up as well with the new fluid.?<br><br><br>?Sent from my Atari 2600?<br>On =
May 13, 2015, at 12:43 PM, "Jim Jones" &lt;[email-masked]&gt; wrote:<br>=
<br><br>For what it's worth, I went straight from DOT 3 to silicone. I repl=
aced the master cylinder because it was old, but I kept the slave. Flushed =
it all out with silicone fluid and never had a problem in the following thr=
ee years I owned the car. I would stay with the .70 clutch. There was a rea=
son it was changed, but for the life of me I cannot remember. My '72 had th=
e .75 bore part. The effort seemed okay but I didn't care much for the long=
 throw.<br>?Jim Jones<br>(573) 635-3557<br>Jones Beltone Hearing and Audiol=
ogy<br>1431 Southwest Blvd. Suite 1<br>Jefferson City, MO 65109<br>www.jone=
sbeltone.com<br><br>&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;From: James_ via 6pack &lt;6p=
[email-masked]&gt;<br>&nbsp;To: 6 Pack &lt;[email-masked]&gt; <br=
>&nbsp;Sent: Wednesday, May 13, 2015 2:37 PM<br>&nbsp;Subject: [6pack] .75 =
bore clutch?<br>&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>I am planning on switching my brake fluid =
to silicone based. Which means I can't use my master or clutch cylinders an=
d need to buy new ones. (Heard the seals will go bad when switching fluid t=
ypes). <br>I have a 1976 model that uses a .70 bore clutch slave but see th=
ere is a .75 bore. Is it better? How does it change the clutch pedal feelin=
g? Maybe a longer pedal throw?<br>Advice?<br><br>James<br><br><br>?Sent fro=
m my Atari 2600?<br>_______________________________________________<br>Supp=
ort Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html<br>Suggested annual donation? =
$12.96<br>Archive: http://www.team.net/archive<br>Forums: http://www.team.n=
et/forums<br><br>[email-masked]<br>http://autox.team.net/mailman/list=
info/6pack<br><br>Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options=
/6pack/[email-masked]<br><br><br><br>&nbsp;&nbsp; <br><br>______________=
_________________________________<br>Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/d=
onate.html<br>Suggested annual donation ?$12.96<br>Archive: http://www.team=
.net/archive<br>Forums: http://www.team.net/forums<br><br>[email-masked].=
net<br>http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/6pack<br><br>Unsubscribe/Mana=
ge: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/6pack/[email-masked]<br><br><b=
r><br>_______________________________________________<br>Support Team.Net h=
ttp://www.team.net/donate.html<br>Suggested annual donation? $12.96<br>Arch=
ive: http://www.team.net/archive<br>Forums: http://www.team.net/forums<br><=
br>[email-masked]<br>http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/6pack<br>=
<br>Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/6pack/tpdwinc=
[email-masked]<br><br><br><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;<br>-------------- next part -------=
-------<br>An HTML attachment was scrubbed...<br>URL: &lt;http://autox.team=
.net/pipermail/6pack/attachments/20150513/9e06e56a/attachment.html&gt;<br><=
br>------------------------------<br><br>Subject: Digest Footer<br><br>____=
___________________________________________<br>6pack mailing list<br>6pack@=
autox.team.net<br>http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/6pack<br><br><br>-=
-----------------------------<br><br>End of 6pack Digest, Vol 10, Issue 6<b=
r>************************************<br></div><br></div></body></html>
------=_Part_79261775_329449766.1431568706454--

--===============3941468002213953040==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/6pack

--===============3941468002213953040==--