Subject: [6pack] TR-6 Carb question

From: wcwellbaum--- via 6pack <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2015 02:18:22 +0000 (GMT)

My '75 TR-6 will run well until it warms up and will then drop down to 
the rear three cylinders with spitting and popping out the exhaust.

Following is a list of what I've tried to correct my problem:

New:
Dizzy cap, rotor, points,  ign. wires, coil, capacitor, plugs.

Relatively new fuel pump, and a new fuel filter. Plenty of fuel being 
pumped into both carbs.

Carbs:  took them apart and cleaned all parts.  Replaced the Grose jets 
and diaphragms.  Took the bi-metal thingies apart and cleaned them out 
and reassembled.   Set the float levels.  Using 20 weight oil in the 
dashpots.
Used compressed air to flush all fuel lines and can hear gurgling in the 
gas tank.  Float bowels are squeaky clean.  Carbs were rebuilt by 
Roadster Factory several years ago.  All this work have resulted in NO 
correction of the problem.

Put new fuel filter on today and it fired right up.  Idled smoothly for 
about 5-8 minutes and dropped down to the rear 3 pots.  Still have spark 
to the front cylinders.

Don't have any overheating symptoms and don't smell any anti-freeze or 
the smell associated with overheating issues.  I've been trying to 
correct the problem for about 3 months now and have run out of ideas on 
what it could be.

Does NOT seem to be electrical in nature but DOES seem to be heat 
related.  As is, runs fine till warm.  Another Club mate suggested the 
bi-metal gizmos may have something to do with my problem.  Any ideas?

Clue:  If I have spark to the three front cylinders and and I have 
gasoline being pumped into the front carb what would cause the three 
front cylinders to stop firing when warmed up.  Need Help!

Bill Wellbaum
British Auto Club of Las Vegas
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/6pack

---

From: Mark J Bradakis via 6pack <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2015 22:56:14 -0600

How do you know which cylinders are nit working? What have you done to check for vacuum leaks?

mjb.

[email-masked]