Subject: [6pack] TR6 clutch and brake pedal question

From: COLIN THOM via 6pack <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2015 00:27:35 -0600 (MDT)

--===============8057947755240868647==
	boundary="----=_Part_55339266_1262988834.1441952855396"

------=_Part_55339266_1262988834.1441952855396
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

It's highly unlikely that this is a pedal problem. If indeed the pedal were that worn, it'd be loose and sloppy all the time. Because this problem develops only after 20 minutes when things have warmed up, I'd say your buddy has a clutch problem. I've been down this road, before. Twice. The pressure plate is failing and only announces this when it's hot. There's a slim chance the release fork is moving on the shaft as another lister mentioned but this isn't usually a temperature-dependant affliction. If your buddy is convinced that it is the pedal, perhaps a liberal dousing with WD-40 will allow him to confirm his suspicion. 

Colin 
'74-1/2 that I always thought was a '75 

----- Original Message -----

From: [email-masked] 
To: [email-masked] 
Sent: Thursday, September 10, 2015 8:00:01 PM 
Subject: 6pack Digest, Vol 14, Issue 2 

Send 6pack mailing list submissions to 
[email-masked] 

To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit 
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/6pack 
or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to 
[email-masked] 

You can reach the person managing the list at 
[email-masked] 

When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific 
than "Re: Contents of 6pack digest..." 

Today's Topics: 

1. TR6 clutch and brake pedal question (Andrew Uprichard) 
2. Re: TR6 clutch and brake pedal question (alan salvatore) 

---------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Message: 1 
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2015 17:15:10 -0400 
From: "Andrew Uprichard" <[email-masked]> 
To: <[email-masked]> 
Subject: [6pack] TR6 clutch and brake pedal question 

A friend with a TR6 sent me the following question. Anyone out there offer 
advice? 

Andrew Uprichard 

No 6-cylinders at present L 

I can't get any grease in the bar assembly that the clutch and brake pedals 
are mounted to unless you take the whole thing apart. Can I tap it for a 
grease fitting in place without taking the whole thing apart? After about 15 
or 20 minutes the clutch pedal really squeaks and becomes harder to actuate. 

-------------- next part -------------- 
An HTML attachment was scrubbed... 
URL: <http://autox.team.net/pipermail/6pack/attachments/20150909/41488815/attachment-0001.html> 

------------------------------ 

Message: 2 
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2015 21:09:23 -0400 
From: alan salvatore <[email-masked]> 
To: Andrew Uprichard <[email-masked]> 
Cc: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]> 
Subject: Re: [6pack] TR6 clutch and brake pedal question 
<[email-masked]> 

Could be the bushings in the assembly are shot or possibly the clutch fork 
is cracking. 

Al 

On Wed, Sep 9, 2015 at 5:15 PM, Andrew Uprichard via 6pack < 
[email-masked]> wrote: 

> A friend with a TR6 sent me the following question. Anyone out there 
> offer advice? 
> 
> Andrew Uprichard 
> 
> No 6-cylinders at present L 
> 
> 
> 
> I can't get any grease in the bar assembly that the clutch and brake 
> pedals are mounted to unless you take the whole thing apart. Can I tap it 
> for a grease fitting in place without taking the whole thing apart? After 
> about 15 or 20 minutes the clutch pedal really squeaks and becomes harder 
> to actuate. 
> 
> _______________________________________________ 
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html 
> Suggested annual donation $12.96 
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive 
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums 
> 
> [email-masked] 
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/6pack 
> 
> Unsubscribe/Manage: 
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/6pack/[email-masked] 
> 
> 
> 
-------------- next part -------------- 
An HTML attachment was scrubbed... 
URL: <http://autox.team.net/pipermail/6pack/attachments/20150909/afe8b7dd/attachment-0001.html> 

------------------------------ 

Subject: Digest Footer 

_______________________________________________ 
6pack mailing list 
[email-masked] 
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/6pack 

------------------------------ 

End of 6pack Digest, Vol 14, Issue 2 
************************************ 

------=_Part_55339266_1262988834.1441952855396
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html><head><style type=3D'text/css'>p { margin: 0; }</style></head><body><=
div style=3D'font-family: arial,helvetica,sans-serif; font-size: 10pt; colo=
r: #000000'>It's highly unlikely that this is a pedal problem. If indeed th=
e pedal were that worn, it'd be loose and sloppy all the time. Because this=
 problem develops only after 20 minutes when things have warmed up, I'd say=
 your buddy has a clutch problem. I've been down this road, before. Twice. =
The pressure plate is failing and only announces this when it's hot. There'=
s a slim chance the release fork is moving on the shaft as another lister m=
entioned but this isn't usually a temperature-dependant affliction. If your=
 buddy is convinced that it is the pedal, perhaps a liberal dousing with WD=
-40 will allow him to confirm his suspicion.<div><br></div><div>Colin</div>=
<div>'74-1/2 that I always thought was a '75<br><br><hr id=3D"zwchr"><div s=
tyle=3D"color:#000;font-weight:normal;font-style:normal;text-decoration:non=
e;font-family:Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif;font-size:12pt;"><b>From: </b>6pac=
[email-masked]<br><b>To: </b>[email-masked]<br><b>Sent: </b=
>Thursday, September 10, 2015 8:00:01 PM<br><b>Subject: </b>6pack Digest, V=
ol 14, Issue 2<br><br>Send 6pack mailing list submissions to<br>&nbsp;&nbsp=
;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;[email-masked]<br><br>To subscri=
be or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/6pack<br>or,=
 via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&n=
bsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;[email-masked]<br><br>You c=
an reach the person managing the list at<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&=
nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;[email-masked]<br><br>When replying, please ed=
it your Subject line so it is more specific<br>than "Re: Contents of 6pack =
digest..."<br><br><br>Today's Topics:<br><br>&nbsp;&nbsp; 1. TR6 clutch and=
 brake pedal question (Andrew Uprichard)<br>&nbsp;&nbsp; 2. Re: TR6 clutch =
and brake pedal question (alan salvatore)<br><br><br>----------------------=
------------------------------------------------<br><br>Message: 1<br>Date:=
 Wed, 9 Sep 2015 17:15:10 -0400<br>From: "Andrew Uprichard" &lt;auprichard@=
uprichard.net&gt;<br>To: &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>Subject: [6pack] T=
R6 clutch and brake pedal question<br>Message-ID: &lt;01ef01d0eb44$9d4c4830=
[email-masked]&gt;<br>Content-Type: text/plain; charset=3D"us-asc=
ii"<br><br>A friend with a TR6 sent me the following question. &nbsp;Anyone=
 out there offer<br>advice?<br><br>Andrew Uprichard<br><br>No 6-cylinders a=
t present L<br><br>&nbsp;<br><br>I can't get any grease in the bar assembly=
 that the clutch and brake pedals<br>are mounted to unless you take the who=
le thing apart. Can I tap it for a<br>grease fitting in place without takin=
g the whole thing apart? After about 15<br>or 20 minutes the clutch pedal r=
eally squeaks and becomes harder to actuate.<br><br><br>-------------- next=
 part --------------<br>An HTML attachment was scrubbed...<br>URL: &lt;http=
://autox.team.net/pipermail/6pack/attachments/20150909/41488815/attachment-=
0001.html&gt;<br><br>------------------------------<br><br>Message: 2<br>Da=
te: Wed, 9 Sep 2015 21:09:23 -0400<br>From: alan salvatore &lt;alansalvy@gm=
ail.com&gt;<br>To: Andrew Uprichard &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>Cc:=
 "[email-masked]" &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>Subject: Re: [6pack=
] TR6 clutch and brake pedal question<br>Message-ID:<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&=
nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&lt;CAAAEehTPFdWwkLTprLpu5Y+L47dp-0HOX0UnrgdsK=
[email-masked]&gt;<br>Content-Type: text/plain; charset=3D"utf-8"=
<br><br>Could be the bushings in the assembly are shot or possibly the clut=
ch fork<br>is cracking.<br><br>Al<br><br>On Wed, Sep 9, 2015 at 5:15 PM, An=
drew Uprichard via 6pack &lt;<br>[email-masked]&gt; wrote:<br><br>&gt=
; A friend with a TR6 sent me the following question. &nbsp;Anyone out ther=
e<br>&gt; offer advice?<br>&gt;<br>&gt; Andrew Uprichard<br>&gt;<br>&gt; No=
 6-cylinders at present L<br>&gt;<br>&gt;<br>&gt;<br>&gt; I can't get any g=
rease in the bar assembly that the clutch and brake<br>&gt; pedals are moun=
ted to unless you take the whole thing apart. Can I tap it<br>&gt; for a gr=
ease fitting in place without taking the whole thing apart? After<br>&gt; a=
bout 15 or 20 minutes the clutch pedal really squeaks and becomes harder<br=
>&gt; to actuate.<br>&gt;<br>&gt; _________________________________________=
______<br>&gt; Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html<br>&gt; Sug=
gested annual donation &nbsp;$12.96<br>&gt; Archive: http://www.team.net/ar=
chive<br>&gt; Forums: http://www.team.net/forums<br>&gt;<br>&gt; 6pack@auto=
x.team.net<br>&gt; http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/6pack<br>&gt;<br>=
&gt; Unsubscribe/Manage:<br>&gt; http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/6pac=
k/[email-masked]<br>&gt;<br>&gt;<br>&gt;<br>-------------- next part -=
-------------<br>An HTML attachment was scrubbed...<br>URL: &lt;http://auto=
x.team.net/pipermail/6pack/attachments/20150909/afe8b7dd/attachment-0001.ht=
ml&gt;<br><br>------------------------------<br><br>Subject: Digest Footer<=
br><br>_______________________________________________<br>6pack mailing lis=
t<br>[email-masked]<br>http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/6pack<b=
r><br><br>------------------------------<br><br>End of 6pack Digest, Vol 14=
, Issue 2<br>************************************<br></div><br></div></div>=
</body></html>
------=_Part_55339266_1262988834.1441952855396--

--===============8057947755240868647==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/6pack

--===============8057947755240868647==--