Subject: Re: [6pack] Can't pull cam from block

From: 6packer via 6pack <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2015 12:17:43 -0400

besides the dist. , are your lifters out? if not,my bet is one is stuck on the downsides....let us know.
                                                              Frank

Sent from my ASUS Pad

Lee Daniels via 6pack <[email-masked]> wrote:

>I have an old TR6 block in unknown condition but no visible damage or cracks.
>I think it's from a '73. Mostly stripped down but head still attached and
>pistons/rods in place. Crank and essentially everything else removed. Valves
>are still in place (since head is on) but rockers/pushrods removed. I've got
>it upside-down on an engine stand, and thought I'd just pull the camshaft out.
>It moves out about 1/4", then hits a hard stop - what's it hitting? It spins
>freely and moves in and out freely until it hits the stop.
>
>thanks
> Lee
>_______________________________________________
>Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
>Suggested annual donation  $12.96
>Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
>Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
>[email-masked]
>http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/6pack
>
>Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/6pack/[email-masked]
>
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/6pack

---

From: 6packer via 6pack <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2015 12:27:37 -0400

one more thought,is the fuel pump removed? it rides on cam lobe.
                                                  Frank

Sent from my ASUS Pad

[email-masked]

---

From: 6packer via 6pack <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2015 17:54:14 -0400

about the head removal , in the past I had better luck removing the head studs one by one until the head itself sounded the retreat. the old "one bite at a time" routine.

                                                         Frank

Sent from my ASUS Pad

Lee Daniels via 6pack <[email-masked]> wrote:

>Thanks for the suggestions - it was a lifter! Easy to fix, I was able to use a
>narrow metal rod to push back the offending lifter then the cam slides right
>out. (Yes, the distributor/oil pump and fuel pump hardware had already been
>removed.)
>
>As for why I didn't pull the head first - hah! That's the problem. I've been
>treating this head with Kroil/PB-blaster/etc. for about a 6 months as it sat
>in the corner of the garage, but it still has not budged. Can't use the rope
>trick because there's no flywheel or crank pulley to put any torque on. I've
>had Kroil in through the plug holes, and now it's been upside down for a while
>now and I've worked Kroil past the pistons. I've banged on all the available
>"ledges" around the head with a small sledge hammer and a crow bar. Next is to
>get it as hot as I can and see if that sucker will let go.
>
>On Mon, October 12, 2015 10:38, Lee Daniels wrote:
>> it upside-down on an engine stand, and thought I'd just pull the camshaft
>> out. It moves out about 1/4", then hits a hard stop - what's it hitting? It
>> spins freely and moves in and out freely until it hits the stop.
>>
>> thanks Lee
>

[email-masked]