Subject: [6pack] Transmission or clutch issues

From: Dale Katzfey via 6pack <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2015 17:22:36 -0400

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============7187873104066117353==
 boundary="------------040404080604080400040108"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------040404080604080400040108
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Here is my problem which I need some guidance.  When I start in the 
morning everything works fine.  I can put the car in reverse without any 
problems.  I can up or down shift easily.  As things warm up, it gets 
harder and harder to shift gears.  It is almost like the clutch is not 
going far enough especially into first or second.  Even when I double 
clutch it.  When I try to put it in reverse, it grinds. //I can get it 
into reverse but it does not want to go there.  If I turn off the engine 
and start up with the clutch depressed, it will work without grinding.

I made sure I had the DOT 5 fluid up to full.  I got an adjustable link 
connector between the slave and clutch and have lengthened that out 
quite a bit without success.  Transmission oil was low, so I filled that.

What do you think?  My regular mechanic thinks it is the clutch, but why 
does it work when cold?  HELP!

Dale
1974 TR6

--------------040404080604080400040108
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>

    <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">
  </head>
  <body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000">
    Here is my problem which I need some guidance.  When I start in the
    morning everything works fine.  I can put the car in reverse without
    any problems.  I can up or down shift easily.  As things warm up, it
    gets harder and harder to shift gears.  It is almost like the clutch
    is not going far enough especially into first or second.  Even when
    I double clutch it.  When I try to put it in reverse, it grinds.  <i>
    </i>I can get it into reverse but it does not want to go there.  If
    I turn off the engine and start up with the clutch depressed, it
    will work without grinding.<br>
    <br>
    I made sure I had the DOT 5 fluid up to full.  I got an adjustable
    link connector between the slave and clutch and have lengthened that
    out quite a bit without success.  Transmission oil was low, so I
    filled that. <br>
    <br>
    What do you think?  My regular mechanic thinks it is the clutch, but
    why does it work when cold?  HELP!<br>
    <br>
    Dale<br>
    1974 TR6<br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------040404080604080400040108--

--===============7187873104066117353==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/6pack

--===============7187873104066117353==--

---

From: jkorsak via 6pack <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2015 08:01:44 -0500

--===============3033292925314230386==

----_com.android.email_11152630510107360
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

----_com.android.email_11152630510107360
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

----_com.android.email_11152630510107360--

--===============3033292925314230386==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============3033292925314230386==--