Subject: Re: [6pack] Can't pull cam from block

From: Robert via 6pack <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2015 17:50:58 +0200

More than likely the distributer sprocket in the block. 

Sent from my iPad

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/6pack

---

From: Lee Daniels via 6pack <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2015 15:08:05 -0500

Thanks for the suggestions - it was a lifter! Easy to fix, I was able to use a
narrow metal rod to push back the offending lifter then the cam slides right
out. (Yes, the distributor/oil pump and fuel pump hardware had already been
removed.)

As for why I didn't pull the head first - hah! That's the problem. I've been
treating this head with Kroil/PB-blaster/etc. for about a 6 months as it sat
in the corner of the garage, but it still has not budged. Can't use the rope
trick because there's no flywheel or crank pulley to put any torque on. I've
had Kroil in through the plug holes, and now it's been upside down for a while
now and I've worked Kroil past the pistons. I've banged on all the available
"ledges" around the head with a small sledge hammer and a crow bar. Next is to
get it as hot as I can and see if that sucker will let go.

On Mon, October 12, 2015 10:38, Lee Daniels wrote:
> I have an old TR6 block in unknown condition but no visible damage or cracks.
>  I think it's from a '73. Mostly stripped down but head still attached and
> pistons/rods in place. Crank and essentially everything else removed. Valves
> are still in place (since head is on) but rockers/pushrods removed. I've got
> it upside-down on an engine stand, and thought I'd just pull the camshaft
> out. It moves out about 1/4", then hits a hard stop - what's it hitting? It
> spins freely and moves in and out freely until it hits the stop.
>
> thanks Lee

[email-masked]